xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Home: Feedback Led to Changes  (Read 198 times)

PS3Scene

• Archived User
Home: Feedback Led to Changes
« on: January 30, 2008, 11:02:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | 31-1-2008 0:26 EST

From gamesindustry.biz:

Sony's forthcoming PlayStation Home platform has undergone key changes in the last few months as a result of feedback from users currently engaged in its beta test.

What had been an enclosed room with a large window showing a lush view has now been transformed into a serene outside space, with plenty of room for people to interact, and tables with fully functional chess and draughts games included.

Additionally the entrance points to key content areas - the Theatre and the Bowling Alley - have been redesigned so that they're much more recognisable.

The Theatre itself, while retaining the same functionality, has had all of the screening areas moved down to the ground floor, after feedback from users that the 12 second walk to go upstairs took too long.

Venables and Festejo also revealed that it was now possible to take your avatar out onto a balcony from your own apartment, and that there would be "around eight or nine" different apartments available at launch, although no new details on potential pricing options for the premium apartments were available.

Full Story: gamesindustry.biz

cloudyimpulse

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 02:21:00 AM »

Sounds like those Beta Testers know what we want.  Can't wait to check it out myself.  Hope it becomes a great social network for Sony PS Users.

HotKnife420

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 07:15:00 PM »

I wish I was a beta tester for it. Can't wait, though. I hope they don't overlook the main thing I want, however, which is to support in-game chat/messaging & friends list. I'm surprised they don't have anyone playing xbox live to see what types of features make it so great.

mercury187

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 10:46:00 AM »

Anyone know when home is going to release? Also, do you watch full screen movies in the theater or does the movie only take up most or part of your tv screen?

HotKnife420

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 08:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(mercury187 @ Feb 1 2008, 06:46 PM) View Post

Anyone know when home is going to release? Also, do you watch full screen movies in the theater or does the movie only take up most or part of your tv screen?

The last I remember hearing was just simply 'Spring' (much how XBL updates are announced as 'Spring' & 'Fall' updates with no specific date announced). My money's on early March.