xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Sony considering a subscription service for the PlayStation store?  (Read 253 times)

PS3Scene

• Archived User

Sony considering a subscription service for the PlayStation store?
Posted by XanTium | 3-1-2008 15:23 EST

From siliconera.com:

Sony is running a survey over in Asia where a question on the list asks "Which of the following offer from PLAYSTATION Store (PC) that you find it appealing?". One of the selectable answers is "Monthly subscription plan (1 price for unlimited download)."

While this is far from concrete information, I welcome the idea of PSPTap. If I can spend $5 or $10 to get unlimited access to a library of downloadable PsOne Classics and a handful of PSP originals like Beats I would do it in a heartbeat.

Full Story: siliconera.com

ric27

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 03:40:00 PM »

The days of getting free shit over teh intarwebs are over.

Hell, if M$ can charge for their online service....why not $ony? They are all cut from the same cloth

alsybub

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 09:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(ric27 @ Jan 3 2008, 10:40 PM) View Post
The days of getting free shit over teh intarwebs are over.

Hell, if M$ can charge for their online service....why not $ony? They are all cut from the same cloth

Just another thing for Sony to go back on

warmaster_670

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 11:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(alsybub @ Jan 3 2008, 11:39 PM) *

Just another thing for Sony to go back on

both of you need to read the second line, "While this is far from concrete information, I welcome the idea of PSPTap. If I can spend $5 or $10 to get unlimited access to a library of downloadable PsOne Classics and a handful of PSP originals like Beats I would do it in a heartbeat." implies it would be a subscription to crap thats already pay-to-get stuff.

the_nerdy

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2020, 11:32:00 PM »

and I thought everyone understood that.

It says no where to charge for PS3 online gaming service.

The content will be charged for downloads and stuff though in a subscription rather then pay this much for that and this.

Briiliant Idea.

ca102455

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 02:03:00 AM »

When will $ony & M$ realise we bought their next gen consoles to play next gen games on them.

Im not in the slightest bit interested in classic PS1 or even PSP titles, just like M$ with their classic xbox games for download. Their to expensive even if we did want to play years out of date games & cheaper to buy second hand, on a disc, from your local games store.

We bought a next gen consoles to play next gen games with!!!!

Really if thats the best they can come up with for their online store things aren't looking to good. Give us decent downloadable content for our next games & not these mad prices they demand for say two new tracks on motorstorm etc, there just not value for money in my mind.

When your cutting out the middle men buying direct from source i really do expect value for money & so far im not seeing that in either of the console camps..

Rant over  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

This post has been edited by ca102455: Jan 4 2008, 10:05 AM

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 09:59:00 AM »

When will $ony & M$ realise we bought their next gen consoles to play next gen games on them.

You don't speak for the majority on this, by the look of it.
See how much of shit storm kicked off with no BC. See how many people have downloaded and played classic games.

warmaster_670

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 01:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(Chancer @ Jan 4 2008, 11:59 AM) *

You don't speak for the majority on this, by the look of it.
See how much of shit storm kicked off with no BC. See how many people have downloaded and played classic games.

ya, i think what he meant to say was im not interested, in which case, theres nothing at all forcing him to download and play these games at all, so he shouldnt be complaining about them

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2020, 11:58:00 PM »

I think it's a great idea...

I know if MS were to come out with a "Platinum" tier service with unlimited free marketplace downloads for say $10 a month instead of the $50 a year... I'd sign up for it in a heartbeat...

While Sony doesn't have as large of a marketplace catalog... the value of such a service would still be there.

jenkosz

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 08:35:00 PM »

the ps3 should consider this option but i do agree they would be going back on their words. my problem is that when i go to download a video it can take up to an hour and demos, well too long for me where as  the 360's download speeds are a lot quicker. i think if they can fix their network issues sorted this may improve things. its also a shame that sony dont let view which friends are online and play your playlists whilst playing games. it may have features such as bluetooth/blue-ray but these features but they come at a price