xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: GC '07 QA: SCEE's David Reeves  (Read 137 times)

PS3Scene

• Archived User
GC '07 QA: SCEE's David Reeves
« on: August 24, 2007, 09:34:00 PM »

From gamespot.com:

After the event, GameSpot spoke to David Reeves, SCEE president, to get some extra info on what Sony has planned this year.

* GSUK: I think some people were expecting an update on Home since it was a European title. Will that now be in Tokyo?
* DR: I think that you'll get more information at Tokyo simply because we're really still in the beta-testing phase. We're getting a lot of information back; we're not backtracking on it at all. It's just that if we're going to announce something, as we did with some of these services, we want to be able to tell you what the launch date is, what it's going to contain, and what the price is going to be--well, in case of Home, it's not a price, it's what the rates will be--and so it might be Tokyo Game Show, it might be after. We want to do it when it's absolutely right and not in a half-cocked way.

* GSUK: What was the thinking behind launching Play TV? There are a lot of devices on the Mac and PC that do that kind of thing.
* DR: Why do we want to do it? Well, first of all, we do believe that people want a good screen, a good mobile device, and that's why it's now slim and light, and to have a whole range of content.
But what you're getting here is not just something that will play Sky-aggregated content, but you have a games machine as well, and you can browse the Web. So we think that is a tremendous, unique selling point. Why did we choose Sky? We chose Sky because they are superb content aggregators. We are not. That is not our skill set.
We obviously have Sony Pictures and we have Sony BMG, but that's only a small part of the industry. Sky is able to call on content from everywhere...and they are great on customer service. So that's why we formed a joint venture with them, and your next question might well be "well, what are you going to do outside UK and Ireland?"--and yes, we're talking to other content aggregators in other countries in order to do the same service on PSP.

* GSUK: There were some rumours of introducing force feedback into the Sixaxis controller. Is that happening?
* DR: We picked up today on some of the Web sites that people were talking about that in Japan, but we don't have any announcements about it at all.

* GSUK: Gran Turismo 5 Prologue will be out before the end of 2007. Are we now looking at a 2008 release for the full game?
* DR: We are. I think we have gone public and said 2008, so I don't think I'm giving anything away. For the Prologue, we've got to get it in the stores and on the network before December 15, and that's what we're going to do.

Full Story: gamespot.com

Pages: [1]