xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: PSN User Base Exceeds 1.3 Million  (Read 141 times)

PS3Scene

• Archived User
PSN User Base Exceeds 1.3 Million
« on: April 20, 2007, 12:42:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | 20-4-2007 14:35 EST

From next-gen.biz:

Sony has revealed that the PlayStation Network, the PS3's online offering, has amassed a global user base exceeding 1.3m registered users.

Dave Karraker, Sony Computer Entertainment America's senior director of public relations, said that 600,000 of those users emanated from the US.

Full Story: next-gen.biz

Mr Invader

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 03:46:00 PM »

I wonder how many of those 1.3 million people actually play their ps3s still or get on regularly. I've heard numerous times that people played their PS3 for a day then sold it or hadn't touched it since.

I would like to see the number of hours played on PSN and XBL per month, THEN we can accurately compare the two.

mlmadmax

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 09:52:00 PM »

^^Good point, i for one haven't been on my ps3 for a while now. I played a couple games of resistance online and got a game or two from the sony store but other than that there really hasn't been much there for me at least.

epsilon72

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 12:54:00 AM »

I played a couple of team games of Resistance today and totally owned (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) (except for one match).  Sometimes Resistance online can be really stupid though, and then I quit playing it for a couple weeks.

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 03:02:00 AM »

I would like to see the number of hours played on PSN and XBL per month, THEN we can accurately compare the two.

At the moment a fair comparison is not possible. XBL would win hands down as it is a paid for well established service. Comparisons need to be undertaken on an even playing field once Sony have in place the services and network they have planned. Comparison now would have to be between XBL Silver (Free) and the PSN.(Free). PSN allows play against online friends free does XBL silver?? (one example but I think it shows how it would need to be balanced)
Also PS3 would need to catch up on the games catalogue available on live first.
In the UK the PS3 has been out for a month compared to 16 months of the 360.

You will always get people who buy something and then sell it hardly used PS3 or 360. Nothing new there. Gamers will also go through phases with stuff. Sometimes you can pick up a game and it hooks you to the point that you play that for a very long period. I still pick up Xbox 1 games I have not played for over a year and have a rush for the game and am never off the console, deserting the PS3 and 360 for weeks, but that will then change and I may hit the 360 for a long period.
It does pay to be sure the consoles you buy have what you want to keep you interested.

This post has been edited by Chancer: Apr 26 2007, 10:15 AM