xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help With Wireless  (Read 231 times)

Doodmar

• Archived User
Help With Wireless
« on: November 22, 2006, 10:46:00 PM »

Hi

I get a really really poor signal on my PS3 from my wireless router (about 50 feet away).  So I read up and apparently I should be able to use my wireless ethernet card on my PC as another access point, yet I cannot find any tutorial on how I would go about doing this.

I have both a wireless card and ethernet port in use.  I'm getting internet through the wired ethernet port, but I can't figure out how to make the signal be shared through my wireless card.

Any help please?

chane2k1

• Archived User
Help With Wireless
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 11:31:00 PM »

goto network connections, right click on your wired connection, goto properties, click on the advanced tab, go into the internet connection sharing section, then check the box thats says to "allow other computers to connect to the internet using this computer's internet connection". go back to network connections and enter the properties of your wireless nic, click the wireless network tab, click the add button, setup the ssid that you want to use and what encryptions you'd like if any, then check the box that says this is a computer-computer ad-hoc network. this is how you would use your computer to share an internet connection with the ps3 but unfortunately this solution doesnt work me, maybe itll work for you though. i done believe the ps3 works in ad-hoc mode with a pc, it will only connect via a wireless access point.

Doodmar

• Archived User
Help With Wireless
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 05:24:00 PM »

Ok, one problem.. "allow other computers to connect to the internet using this computer's internet connection" is not even there on my wired connection.  It's only there on my wireless connection =/

Is there any kind of driver or setting I can change to make it show up for my wired?

Doodmar

• Archived User
Help With Wireless
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 01:35:00 AM »

Sorry for the double post, but I can't seem to find the edit button >_<

I ended up getting the network sharing settings correctly set up (I think) but this doesn't work for my PS3 either sad.gif  

Thanks for trying to help me though.  If anyone has a solution for this, let us know please!