xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Sony's Online Service To Remain Nameless?  (Read 330 times)

Reaper527

• Archived User
Sony's Online Service To Remain Nameless?
« on: October 18, 2006, 10:08:00 AM »

well, i guess if you can't come up with a name as cool as xbox live, why even bother trying to compete jester.gif

http://videogames.de...led-nothing.htm

What we don't do however is have a brand name for the network service, you know, like PlayStation Online or PlayStation Live, and this is because we don't we don't see a "PlayStation offline". What I'm trying to say is that it doesn’t matter if you are enjoying content from a Blu-ray disc or you are enjoying content you just downloaded from the network, at the end of the day it's all PlayStation 3 so we don't differentiate between content, and I think that makes a clear point between us and some of our competitors, who like to differentiate how the consumers get the content, that's the difference in the strategy or the basic philosophy towards the online service.

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 10:53:00 AM »

that's funny they had an official name at last year's E3.

Pheidias

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 10:56:00 AM »

Hehe hilarious article. One thing that makes me enjoy it even more is that there acctually were more people using the ps2 online service (besides it suckiness) then xbox1 whole install base. jester.gif

bigjimmy

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 02:06:00 PM »

PS3's "Nothing" Online.....yea sounds about right

Yeh thats probly what theyre gunna call it  laugh.gif

Im sure theyll come up with a name for it eventually. They wont leave it nameless, but, sony have done stranger things.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 02:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(Pheidias @ Oct 18 2006, 01:03 PM) View Post

Hehe hilarious article. One thing that makes me enjoy it even more is that there acctually were more people using the ps2 online service (besides it suckiness) then xbox1 whole install base. jester.gif

does someone here need to point everything out to you Fetus?

maybe because it allowed narrowband slow asses 2 connect. If it was broadband only, the amount of users would have been cut by 70%. Not to mention that I would hope that out of 100 million zombies, a good percentage would connect(although that percentage is terrible, much like sonys software attach rate has been and always will be). Not play, connect.... just once.

And "users" doesnt mean people playing games. If they had the numbers to back that up, sony would have been touting comparisons for the last 3 years. They have been hiding because their online is nonexistent.

"Oh damn, we have 3 or 4 games that people actually play online with the ps2! and half of those are socoms! yeah yeah we rock!"

Come now. Do real comparisons like Games/Matches played, or the amount of servers running at any given time.

I cant believe Im wasting bandwidth on this. Halo 2 alone, on launch night had more matches played than ALL ps2 matches for all its online games combined.

Fetus Fetus Fetus, if you'd pull your head away from Kutaragis crotch for even 5 minutes to get some fresh air, you might actually allow the things you read to sink in. Ok, thats long enough reading, back to Kenny you go.

Pheidias

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 03:12:00 PM »

love.gif  love.gif  love.gif  love.gif  I can't believe you still are misspelling both mine and your name DAFTeck.

But seriously you really should try to enhance your ability to read, understand, see and think over things before you write stuff, you are even worse then the Sony bosses you loath.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2006, 03:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(Pheidias @ Oct 18 2006, 05:19 PM) View Post

love.gif  love.gif  love.gif  love.gif  I can't believe you still are misspelling both mine and your name DAFTeck.

But seriously you really should try to enhance your ability to read, understand, see and think over things before you write stuff, you are even worse then the Sony bosses you loath.

laugh.gif you think I type your name incorrectly on accident?  jester.gif

And I think you meant "Loathe"  uhh.gif

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2006, 06:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Oct 18 2006, 05:50 PM) View Post

laugh.gif you think I type your name incorrectly on accident?  jester.gif

You honestly think he's being serious about you misspelling his name? You of all people should be familiar with sarcasm; you yourself spread it on thick enough to cut with a knife.   rolleyes.gif

Ah, Montague and Capulet... wont your families ever get along?

At least find common ground in your mutual dislike for the Wii...  laugh.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2006, 07:01:00 PM »

I dont dislike the wii, I hope it thrives in japan and becomes King over there as it once was and deserves to be again.

and I believe Fetus was being serious, maybe I dont know him as you do. Its past his bedtime though so he wont reply until he gets home from school tomorrow(unless he bypasses the schools firewall and checks the forums from the library).

pop.gif

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2006, 07:28:00 PM »

well you do both have pictures in your sig of the Wii being... wiid on.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2006, 07:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Oct 18 2006, 09:35 PM) View Post

well you do both have pictures in your sig of the Wii being... wiid on.

I never looked at his until you mentioned that. I only have it because it fits the Calvin image so well, and weeing on a wii is so easy to do.

I have nothing against the Big N, I hope they do well and flourish, they need it after the N64 and GC.

Pheidias

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2006, 11:13:00 PM »

Finally back from school  tongue.gif  Wii is the console of choice, and it will make the the dreamcast 2 a reality. D maybe you shouldn't have dropped out of school and joined the microsoftjunge. But as with most of the avid haters they secretly love it. But I'm sorry to say I'm gonna end this now D you haven't made one serious post for a while and to not make you look even more stupid i'm gonna put you on ignore.  cool.gif

incognegro

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2006, 04:47:00 AM »

Wii is the console of choice, and it will make the the dreamcast 2 a reality

blink.gif  I love the wii but dont you EVER mention it and the DC in the same sentence again! Thats blasphemy! grr.gif

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2006, 05:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(incognegro @ Oct 19 2006, 06:54 AM) View Post

blink.gif  I love the wii but dont you EVER mention it and the DC in the same sentence again! Thats blasphemy! grr.gif

True... IMO DC was the most innovative console ever made, the Wii is innovative in some respects but Nintendo and Sega consoles should never be discussed as somehow related...

Dreamcast is Royalty Nintendo is just the court Jester.

IPB Image

Long live the Dreamcast!

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2006, 06:01:00 AM »

Long live the Dreamcast!!!

IPB Image
Pages: [1] 2