xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: One Good Reason Why MS Should Worry About Ps3 (playstation Network Kil  (Read 427 times)

Tie Wrap

• Archived User

Sony's PS3 is gearing up and preparing all ammunition in a battle with MS well known Xbox 360. In deed, Sony's PS3  is ready to engaged in a war with MS Xbox on November. A few months from now, a lot gamers are excited and anxious about the turn out of this major breakthrough from Sony.
Will MS Xbox360 be on top after the entry of Sony's PS3. PS3 as we all knew will make its debut on November geared with its Playstation Network - PSN is an online service of Sony's PS3 which will offer owners some free gaming at the basic subscription level and allow members to host their own game servers (WOW). Sony's hopes lie in the "more games, pay less" strategy which will help catch up with Xbox Live. Aside from the free game playing, the PSN buffet will include voice/video chat, messaging, matchmaking, ranking, game data uploading/downloading, shopping, content downloading, micro payments and subscriptions.  Awesome! Surely Sony's PS3 will be a counterstrike to Xbox Live.
MS on the other hand says that they are not alarmed with Sony's PS3. Im pretty sure, that MS will not  go in battle without a fight.

Will Sony's PS3 beat MS Xbox?  PSN or Xbox Live?
Let your voice be heard post your bright opinions here.

jwin767

• Archived User
One Good Reason Why MS Should Worry About Ps3 (playstation Network Kil
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 03:15:00 AM »

I think it is a bit of a cop out by sony with their allowing others to host their own servers, just imagine the problems which that will cause. people banning IP's kicking/shutting down midgame, it would be halo 2's "bridging" events all over again but on a total game scale.

Xombe

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 03:25:00 AM »

Xbox 360 Chat... not PS3.  There's a forum for that, and a pinned topic about off-topic posts.

Read it.

Moving...

F1R3STORM

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 03:29:00 AM »

my opinion is to just wait and see, $ony says theyll do alot but often dont deliver. PSN (Playstation Network?) on the other hand could rival XBL but if you think about I think live has a better chance just in the fact its been around longer and has a larger computer. A smart idea from M$ would be to do something with pcs (like X360 vs. PC) to ensure they have a step up on $ony idk either way im M$ all the way

FREE CLICKERX!

(what just happened now x-s is all pretty...)

spinr34

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 12:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(F1R3STORM @ Mar 20 2006, 02:29 AM) View Post

my opinion is to just wait and see, $ony says theyll do alot but often dont deliver. PSN (Playstation Network?) on the other hand could rival XBL but if you think about I think live has a better chance just in the fact its been around longer and has a larger computer. A smart idea from M$ would be to do something with pcs (like X360 vs. PC) to ensure they have a step up on $ony idk either way im M$ all the way
FREE CLICKERX!
(what just happened now x-s is all pretty...)

the only issue i see with x360 & pc convergence is it is a lot easier to cheat in a pc game than console.  and if you introduce players outside of the live network (ie. pc players) MS has no way to control what they do unless pc players also have an xbl account but then what's the point for a pc gamer, they can already play online without xbl.  unless MS takes over the world, then it would work out smile.gif

jsymon

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 09:29:00 AM »

Until the 360 comes with a mouse and keyboard (i.e. most likely never) only then should it be allowed to compete in the same arena as PCs

kidkinetix

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 03:24:00 PM »

People are still too concerned with playing games cross-platform online.  I do find it dumb that i cant play a fps with a keyboard and mouse, but after almost 15 years (? whenever turok came out) I think i'm used to a gamepad.

roboangel

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2006, 11:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(jsymon @ Mar 22 2006, 05:29 PM) View Post

Until the 360 comes with a mouse and keyboard (i.e. most likely never) only then should it be allowed to compete in the same arena as PCs

So now Sony can compete with PC cause they are going to have keyboard and mouse in their new console,PS3?? dry.gif

Mr Invader

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2006, 07:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(roboangel @ Mar 25 2006, 01:55 AM) View Post

So now Sony can compete with PC cause they are going to have keyboard and mouse in their new console,PS3?? dry.gif

the xbox 360 can support both a mouse and a keyboard, but they're not rushing into making games compatible with it  (until some RTS's and MMO's come out)

But anyway, back to the real topic

I read the list of Playstation Network features, and i can't tell the difference between PSN and XBL (except that XBL has been around a whole lot longer and that PSN is including Linux(which sucks by the way) Sony is trying their best to keep up with MS right now by making huge hypes on the features of the PS3 (its not working on me)

Xbox 360 all the way

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2006, 09:36:00 AM »

roboangel why are you posting in your own thread.
Or should I call you Tiewrap

genoxide

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2006, 05:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mr Invader @ Apr 7 2006, 03:02 AM) View Post

the xbox 360 can support both a mouse and a keyboard, but they're not rushing into making games compatible with it  (until some RTS's and MMO's come out)

But anyway, back to the real topic

I read the list of Playstation Network features, and i can't tell the difference between PSN and XBL (except that XBL has been around a whole lot longer and that PSN is including Linux(which sucks by the way) Sony is trying their best to keep up with MS right now by making huge hypes on the features of the PS3 (its not working on me)

Xbox 360 all the way

and pray tell why does linux suc?? i mean, its one of the most stable os's out.. you didnt really think sony would use windows did you?

but for the record almost any big corporation uses a *nix os, ahem what do you this hotmail is ran on? windows?? lol... Also Mac osx is yes a derritive of linux (freebsd i think) might be open