xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ipod And Zune Battery The Same?  (Read 269 times)

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
Ipod And Zune Battery The Same?
« on: January 09, 2008, 12:40:00 AM »

Its pretty much impossible to open a Zune, without leaving a few small marks on it.  But if you open it, you forfeit the warranty anyway.
I have never used an Ipod battery in a Zune, but as you have mentioned they are reported to fit.

revengeismyfury

• Archived User
Ipod And Zune Battery The Same?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 06:15:00 PM »

Hey guys, well good news, the Ipod 60/80gb 950mah battery fits in the Zune and theres barely enough ribbon cable for it to fit, takes 5 min to install. You can get it on ebay. Woot!

Other news I think I voided my warranty by having too much knicks on the usb plastic thing; that you have to remove to open the case.

But hey I've got an extended warranty with circuit city maybe they woln't notice heh, atleast its good to hope, I guess I'll find out if anything ever does go bad in the next 2 years heh. The Zune is definitely worth the money and beyond, I'll have this baby for the next 5 years, 1-2 years from now I'll upgrade it to 80gb.

Later guys hope this helps others with Microsoft Zune Mp3 Players.

PS: would have taken pictures but I just wanted to get it installed to see if it would work. Its a good thing that the pins on the ipod battery wasnt reversed or something, otherwise my Zune would have gone up in smoke, yikes!