xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Zune 2 Retail Display, Announcement on Tuesday, Zune1 Getting 2.1 FW  (Read 312 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User

Zune 2 Retail Display, Announcement on Tuesday, Zune1 Getting 2.1 FW
Posted by XanTium | October 1 22:41 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From zunescene.com:

ZuneScene forum member RCMADIAX has sent us this picture of a Zune 2 Display. He apparantly works at a "large retailer".
Zune 2.0

From betanews.com:

Microsoft will hold a event on Tuesday in Redmond to herald the second generation of Zune music players, BetaNews has learned.

According to sources close to the situation, both Microsoft chairman Bill Gates and Design and Development chief J Allard will be on hand for the event. The main part of the announcement will center around the players, which will include the first flash memory based Zunes.
Full Story: betanews.com

From engadget.com:

Here it is, direct from a trusted source close to the situation -- a Zune 1 running firmware 2.1, which will bring all the Zune 2 software goodies and UI tweaks with it when those bad boys are announced on Wednesday.
Full Story: engadget.com

Tony42077

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 08:38:00 PM »

I'm either gonna go with one of the Flash Zunes, or a new Nano. The more I look at the Zune, the more that I think that it might not be as ergonomic as the Nano. It doesn't seem to fit very well in your hand to watch video. After seeing these pictures, I think I'm gonna go w/ the Nano. Sorry Bill tongue.gif

m82a1

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 08:40:00 PM »

well this, i dont like at all

2K4EVOVIII

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 09:09:00 PM »

I have stuck with MS for awhile now but IMO this is terrible specially with the new ipod touch as its competition. This i don't believe stands a chance.   sad.gif

h3xagram

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 11:53:00 PM »

$400 for a media device that has only 16 GB... for what? touch screen? No thanks, I'll pass.

sWampyone

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2007, 07:15:00 AM »

The i-pod touch wi-fi web browsing would cool to have, but both microsoft and apple are to damn worried about drm and making money off content.   When I want a mp3/video player, I'll buy one from one of the companies that are in the business of making mp3 players, not content pushers.   If the content pushers want me to use their player/buy their content, they should give me free/deeply discounted hardware like the console makers, cable tv, etc do.

mr-apples

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2007, 08:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(metalcoat @ Oct 1 2007, 10:16 PM) View Post

I like the idea that they are going to update the first zunes at the same to for the new features

Agreed.  I enjoy my original Zune, be interested to see what features are added.

ProphetOfPain

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2007, 10:51:00 AM »

FOR ME.. personally.. an Mp3 player is an Mp3 player is an Mp3 player..  I recently sold my old black Zune on eBay and got one of the Halo 3 zunes.  It works fine for me.. plays my videos and mp3s.  I'm glad it's getting the 2.1 fw, but i'm still going to use it just the same... nano, ipod.. zune.. what the hell ever.. whatever floats your boat, ultimately, don't they all do the EXACT SAME THING?  And with the recent price drop, who can complain, or why complain ?  smile.gif  Enjoy!