xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Zune for Free with a Phone-Like Plan?  (Read 208 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Zune for Free with a Phone-Like Plan?
« on: April 04, 2007, 05:28:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | April 4 19:28 EST | News Category: OffTopic

From zune-online.com:

According to Zune marketing director, Jason Reindorp, Microsoft is looking at using the Zune Pass subscription just like mobile phone providers use their plans. This means a future flash version of Zune, could be released for a low price or even for free with a Zune Pass subscription plan...

The current version of Zune costs too much to be sold for free with a subscription service. Microsoft will release flash memory player(s) by the end of 2007. In this category, a low cost / low memory player like the iPod nano or shuffle is possible to be sold for free with a subscription plan of 6 months or 1 year. If not for $15 per month, for a bit more giving the option to subscribers to "buy" a certain amount of tracks normally (like eMusic does). The ideal player IMO should connect to the Marketplace from every Wireless Hotspot and download by itself tracks and albums using the subscription service. So its not that important the size of the memory.

Full Story: zune-online.com

belke

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 04:52:00 PM »

I want a zune sad.gif I just want it to make calls also!

okoaomo

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 05:13:00 PM »

Add in MediaFlo from qualcomm and I'll pay $25 a month

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 05:34:00 PM »

xbox live ELITE subscription?

would cover live and music, incentive to get the gamers over.

not that id buy it.

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 05:50:00 PM »

so the title of this article is incorrect since the current Zune will not be offered for free with a subscription service, but some future zune-like product with flash memory.

this sounds like a decent idea except for the question of what happens when you let your subscription run out - will it behave like the new Napster and you lose all access to your songs?

as another one said already, MS needs to enter the phone/pda/mp3 player market and release something even better than the iPhone - which looks really cool and useful except I doubt that ePocrates will function on that device and as a physician i absolutely need that resource - thus i must stick with palm or pocketpc based systems...come on MS - impress us!

DMAddict

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 08:06:00 PM »

And just how is this news related to the xbox scene. Did I miss the part that says xbox live games will soon be playable on the Zune. (*starts rumor) jester.gif

tgm4883

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 08:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(DMAddict @ Apr 4 2007, 08:13 PM) View Post

And just how is this news related to the xbox scene. Did I miss the part that says xbox live games will soon be playable on the Zune. (*starts rumor) jester.gif

Hey everybody, I just heard from a reliable source that you can play xbox games on the zune.  (*Spreads rumor and emblishes a little) jester.gif

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 09:41:00 AM »

They should make the ZunePhone lol!

kermit007

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2007, 01:02:00 PM »

Meh, good luck to MS I say with that. Making something like that more affordable for people with poor long term budgeting skills just kills any "cool" factor in owning an expensive item (it's how the high end market works). I'm sure it'll be as big of a flop as the Zune is right now. Sure it sold great the first couple weeks, but now it's barely bring sold. I truly feel for the mom & pop shops, and colleges that I've seen that picked up the Zune, and can't get rid of them now. Maybe this makes me sound childish, but the only worthwhile thing it's done is shown me how little work MS puts into their logo designs. If I have my audio player upside down I DON'T want it to read anus!

tgm4883

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2007, 01:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(grim_d @ Apr 5 2007, 01:06 PM) View Post

perhaps you failed to notice this is now scenyx entertainment community

(click the xbox-scene logo on the xbox-scene front page, youl see what i mean)

ehh, sorta.  Sure when I click on the xbox-scene logo it takes me to ps3scene.com.  And at the top of that page it says SCENYX ENTERTAINMENT NETWORK, but everything still roots back to xbox-scene.com.  Click on any forum news link on the ps3scene page and it takes you to the ps3scene forums, which are subforums of xbox-scene.  Click on the psp link and it reroutes you to http://forums.xbox-s...p?showforum=127.  In any of the forums, click on the root "Scenyx Entertainment Community" and where does it take you?  http://forums.xbox-s...dex.php?act=idx  Not to mention that with the exception of ps3scene.com every page has the xbox-scene logo on it, and every forums has a link back to xbox-scene.com.  And that the topic we are talking about is linked to from xbox-scene.com (talking about xbox-scene.com now, not the forums)  This is important because I wouldn't expect to see PS3 news located at Xbox-scene.com.  Now maybe we need a zune-scene.com, or maybe xbox-scene.com needs to officially change it's name to scenyx-entertainment.com (please don't do that), but that is all he was saying.  Is that the zune, while made by microsoft, isn't xbox news.

DMAddict

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2007, 03:33:00 PM »

Nicely put tgm4883. Not to sure I like or agree with the new format (not that anyone will care). Guess I'll just have to put on my xbox-scene junk news filter suit. I understand that the business has to expand. It's just that I am only interested in xbox stuff. To me it's sorta like have a craving for mexican food, go to a mexican restaurant, and they're serving Chinese food. I guess this is a topic that should be moved to 'The Dump'. Ah well. sleeping.gif