xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Likes/dislikes  (Read 668 times)

mrRobinson

• Archived User
Likes/dislikes
« on: November 18, 2006, 08:30:00 PM »

Like:
1. screen size
2. player navigation
3. wifi

Dislike:
1. "the social" online store.  difficult to use and extrem limited in what offer
2. screen resolution
3. crippled use of wifi

Arjun

• Archived User
Likes/dislikes
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 06:28:00 PM »

Whats the resolution compared to the iPod? And damn, I like this fast reply thing!

mrRobinson

• Archived User
Likes/dislikes
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 01:41:00 PM »

same as vid ipod. but with larger screen i was hoping for larger res which is why its a dislike.

Oasis

• Archived User
Likes/dislikes
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 02:00:00 PM »

I love my Zune.  I got a white one.  I have a white iPod Video as well and the Zune definitely beats the iPod by far, way more features and works flawlessly with Windows XP.  I also like the fact that you can share with other Zunes around you.

This post has been edited by Oasis: Nov 21 2006, 10:00 PM

CattyKid

• Archived User
Likes/dislikes
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 06:01:00 PM »

What is the approximate real time (not something from MS) battery life when listening to music (different codecs like mp3 and wma and varying qualities) from a full charge?  Any idea?

Oasis

• Archived User
Likes/dislikes
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 07:40:00 PM »

Mine lasted with a full charge for the entire length of my 17 hour camp for the Wii.  The charge lasts way longer than an iPod.  The Zune is the iPod killer.

SR388

• Archived User
Likes/dislikes
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2006, 11:53:00 PM »

you brought your to camp out too I see tongue.gif

BoNg420

• Archived User
Likes/dislikes
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2006, 06:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(Oasis @ Nov 21 2006, 09:11 PM) View Post

Mine lasted with a full charge for the entire length of my 17 hour camp for the Wii.  The charge lasts way longer than an iPod.  The Zune is the iPod killer.

you camped out 17 hours for a wii?  I have had 5 of them and have had to wait less 45min-2 hours each time I got one.

I got a zune too, I like it except the program to put my music on there seems like it messes up the ID3 tags or something because it puts the songs from the same album in different spots and separates stuff.  Dunno.  

Wish it had better equalizers also

REDMODS

• Archived User
Likes/dislikes
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2006, 07:53:00 PM »

just got mine today, i like the texture of it, doesn't feel like its gonna slip outta my had like many other mp3 players. video resolution=awesome stock headphones are ok, kinda hurt my ears. love the amount of storage space no dislikes so far

Sloppy Fat Dump

• Archived User
Likes/dislikes
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2006, 12:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(mrRobinson @ Nov 18 2006, 09:01 PM) View Post

Like:
1. screen size
2. player navigation
3. wifi

Dislike:
1. "the social" online store.  difficult to use and extrem limited in what offer
2. screen resolution
3. crippled use of wifi

You have to make some exceptions on a piece of hardware that was made in about 8 months.  Wifi, I couldn't be happier.  I don't need to download songs on-the-fly (which you'd have to pay for) and its fun sharing songs with other zunes.  The screen size is perfect.  Although its only 240x320, who gives a shit?  The resolution is ideal for such a small device and if you're watching a movie on a zune or ipod, you'll want the zune.  In regards to the store, wdf is so difficult!  You just need a few minutes to figure out how to navigate to each section.  It's not completly obvious but its much more interesting and in depth than itunes.  I love its ease of redeeming prepaid cards (for MS points) which will immediatley take effect on all other MS point supported accounts (ex. XBL marketplace).

My only dislike is that its mass storage feature isn't supported.

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
Likes/dislikes
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2007, 09:13:00 AM »

Man, I love my Zune.  Just traded my 4G iPod Nano, a docking station and an FM transmitter to a buddy for a $250 Circuit City gift card (he wanted it for Nike+).  Picked the Zune up minutes later.  

Like:
Design - slick yet durable
Screen - Brighter and more colorful than iPod Video. Landscape mode is a great idea.
Interface - Much more modern and functional than the iPods boring old UI.
Software - Zune software is tight. Functionality meets design. God I hated iTunes, it felt good to uninstall that crap.
Radio - Not only is it handy, it's also the best FM radio I've ever owned. Quality is exceptional and track/station info is a cool feature.

Dislike:
WiFi - I hope one day a firmware update or hack will make this more functional.  What I'd really like to do is keep my zune in my bag or pocket and have it wirelessly stream to my 360 via my router.  I hate cables.
Sync - I don't like to auto-sync.  I like to manage my portables seperately.  The zune however wants to be synced.  If you don't sync it, it thinks it's a guest. I ended up having to create a directory with a mirror of my Zune media on the PC, so I could sync it to just the one folder and keep it seperate from the bulk of my media files. Just taking up more space.

One of the other things I really enjoy about the Zune is that I can just unplug it whenever.  None of this 'ejecting' from your software crap.  Also, being able to attach your gamertag and your passport to your Zune and Zunetag is nice for us 360 owners.  We can even use our marketplace points to purchase content. For what it is, a portable video and audio device, the Zune excels on both the hardware and software fronts. My iPods feel like ancient artifacts compared to this hip and modern little gizmo.

This post has been edited by lowendfrequency: Jan 9 2007, 05:15 PM

LegendDJ

• Archived User
Likes/dislikes
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2007, 05:39:00 PM »

The only two things I hate about the Zune is the sync software and the fact the harddrive is locked out.