xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 3.4 - 4.2 Without Breaking Anything  (Read 854 times)

lordvader129

• Archived User
3.4 - 4.2 Without Breaking Anything
« on: September 10, 2010, 05:31:00 PM »

generally what the updates do is remove homebrew launchers, but they are easy to reinstall after the update

i recently updated to 4.3 and then reinstalled homebrew channel using Indiana Pwns

i cant say anything about USB loader though, ive never used it

you might want to try asking on WiiHacks youll probably get someone more knowledgable than me

7urrican

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 05:49:00 AM »

steveo, thanks so much, thats just the kind of answer i hoped for! i have installed 222 and 58 as per your advice using auto installer .dol files, and that all went great - wii still ok!

i have cIOS249 v17.wad but i dont really know what to do with it! it has been a long time since i set up the wii... back to noobness i'm afraid. can you help?

much appreciated biggrin.gif

p.s. have you used pimp my wii? i love the idea - press 'go' and it updates everything for you with no need to understand what the hell is going on. little bit scary though, and i dont relly want to change system menu if i dont have to!

steveo1978

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 08:32:00 AM »

there should be an installer for IOS 249 google "waninkoko ios249 installer" there is an tutorial for installing it. The tutorial says use v20 so just use v20. I dont know what usb loader you are using but I use Configurable USB Loader v59 and it works great for every game I play on it.

7urrican

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 04:12:00 PM »

thanks man, im all sorted. monster hunter is go and i will have metroid soon. really appreciate it  beerchug.gif

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 08:47:00 PM »

I havent been keeping up with the Wii-scene for awhile.  I just hauled my Wii out of the closet where it has sat for 2 years because the kids wanted to play some new game, "Guilty Party"  It required me to update from 3.2 to 4.2 Perhaps there was ways around it but their eagerness to play forced me into accepting the update on the disc.  The update deleted my homebrew channel, but my homemade pic(12f629 with wiifree or YAOSM I cant remember) still allows me to boot backups, so I am happy about that.  I am glad they didnt somehow mess that up.

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 09:18:00 PM »

Wow thanks for all the tips steveo, it seems like I have been missing out on alot of developments.  Maybe it wont go back into the closet when the kids get bored of their game.

steveo1978

• Recovered User
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 09:21:00 PM »

Yeah there is alot of stuff for the wii other then just playing wii games. The Wii gets alot of love from the people that develope for it. Wiimc is the perfect example it had an issue and the guys pushed out updates that solved those problems real quick