xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Able To Save Wii With Black Screen?  (Read 983 times)

BoNg420

• Archived User
Able To Save Wii With Black Screen?
« on: February 25, 2010, 05:18:00 AM »

I have a friends wii which loads up to a black screen.  It has 3.4u on it.  Is there a way to save it?  I seen something about using a gamecube controller and a game with a higher firmware then what is on the console.

Anyone have any ideas?

steveo1978

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 02:11:00 AM »

He didnt have preloader/priiloader installed on it did he?

looked around and found he might be in luck I will hit you up on AIM later today and give you some links that will help you see if it can be saved. It actually doesnt look that bad for it. What caused the black screen?

This post has been edited by steveo1978: Feb 26 2010, 10:23 AM

BoNg420

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 04:15:00 AM »

QUOTE(steveo1978 @ Feb 26 2010, 04:11 AM) View Post

He didnt have preloader/priiloader installed on it did he?

looked around and found he might be in luck I will hit you up on AIM later today and give you some links that will help you see if it can be saved. It actually doesnt look that bad for it. What caused the black screen?

Dunno what caused it.

I have tried a bunch of stuff, there is supposed to be preloader but that doesn't boot.

Its actually not a black screen on my TV, it says no signal.

The wii responds, ejects discs, sounds like its reading them, but has no picture.

steveo1978

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 05:02:00 AM »

might just be a hardware failure. Do you have another wii that can be used to try some stuff out? There are 2 parts on the wii that may cause what you are getting thats the wifi module or the bluetooth module if you could get the ones off a working console and try them on that one that would either show whats needs to be replaced or eliminate them as the cause. If  doing that does not help you might have to get the savemii dongle.

I guess when you said preloader didnt load you tried holding down the reset button when you powered on the Wii.

The more I read about the Wii the more I see that it maybe the better system this gen. Because there is almost nothing that a person cant fix their self on these things.

Just read that you can use the gamecube controller instead of the savemii thing. there are youtube videos on that. look for savemiifrii.

This post has been edited by steveo1978: Feb 26 2010, 01:21 PM

BoNg420

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 06:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(steveo1978 @ Feb 26 2010, 07:02 AM) View Post

might just be a hardware failure. Do you have another wii that can be used to try some stuff out? There are 2 parts on the wii that may cause what you are getting thats the wifi module or the bluetooth module if you could get the ones off a working console and try them on that one that would either show whats needs to be replaced or eliminate them as the cause. If  doing that does not help you might have to get the savemii dongle.

I guess when you said preloader didnt load you tried holding down the reset button when you powered on the Wii.

The more I read about the Wii the more I see that it maybe the better system this gen. Because there is almost nothing that a person cant fix their self on these things.

Just read that you can use the gamecube controller instead of the savemii thing. there are youtube videos on that. look for savemiifrii.

Yea I don't know why it wont come on but it was do to some softmod thing.

I tried the gamecube controller and it didnt work.  I tested it on my Wii and it worked.  It just shows no signal on the TV and I tried tons of times.

steveo1978

• Recovered User
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 08:45:00 AM »

been trying to reach you on AIM

BoNg420

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 09:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(steveo1978 @ Feb 26 2010, 10:45 AM) View Post

been trying to reach you on AIM

Im not home now, so I'm signed on there, but away.

steveo1978

• Recovered User
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2010, 11:03:00 PM »

yeah he has tried that. It was a no go