xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Wiikey Install - Just Broke Something. Help  (Read 55 times)

thewizard111

• Archived User
Wiikey Install - Just Broke Something. Help
« on: April 15, 2007, 07:00:00 PM »

Hi,

I recently tried to install a wiikey in my wii. However, when I tried to power it on for the first time the power led on the wii is red and when I press the power button it flashes yellow then green once and completely powers off. I checked my solder points all looked okay. I removed the wiikey and the same thing happens with the wii when turning it on. I think I have messed up a trace or something. Can anyone confim this by the picture? Also, can anyone recommend someone that can fix this if possible? I do not want to go any further and risking doing more damage, if at this point is possible.

Thanks,

Eric

(IMG:http://www.drivewaycare.net/wii.jpg)

blame canada

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 08:01:00 PM »

I see at least 2, maybe 3, burned traces and possibly bridged. Clean up the solder, and see if it boots. Otherwse you need to repair all the traces to get it to work. If you aren't skilled enough to do that, I would not attempt seeing as how you burned those traces, rather I would send it to someone with the solder skills like myself to get it repaired (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

btw, the area circled in yellow is what I'm talking about:
(IMG:http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a74/Soad179/wii.jpg)

This post has been edited by blame canada: Apr 16 2007, 03:02 AM

Lemon Crevice

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 01:48:00 PM »

Yea id agree that those look like there burnt up pretty good but that could just be in the picture, cleaning up the area would be good. Repair shouldn't be to hard for someone with with good soldering skills

atomiX

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 02:07:00 PM »

If you don't feel comfortable fixing it yourself, look here to see if you can find someone in your area that can fix it.