xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Nintendo confirms US and Japanese Wii launch details  (Read 519 times)

sabbath_dude

• Archived User
Nintendo confirms US and Japanese Wii launch details
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2006, 06:38:00 AM »

Well I just read that the Wii is going to cost £179.99 over here in the UK and its being released on Dec 8th. £179.99!!!!! ($339.93 USD)wtf!!!. Suddenly the Wii has become a lot less appealing to me!. Thats the same price I can pick up a 360 core pack for over here!. Waaaaay over priced if you ask me. I thought it was going to be really cheap since the US only pay $250. Rip off!  mad.gif .

Johnny Johnson

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2006, 07:34:00 AM »

QUOTE(vengeancegoon @ Sep 14 2006, 12:32 PM) View Post

Heck yeah! Now I better be able to pre-order this baby. I'm a definite Nintendo fan, heck I still have 2 SNES consoles at home just so we can play some sweet, sweet, sweet 5 player Bomberman action! I pray that they release that for download, that and Goldeneye and I'll be able to retire my SNES' and my N64.

It would be nice if they had some system where you could prove you had the original cart of a game and they would give you the download for free. I must own between SNES and N64 over 200 carts sad.gif

But regardless of what anyone says, the Wii is going to be awesome, Nintendo are back in full effect!

Wow, I sound like a huge fanboy don't I? Oh well, I guess it's somewhat true. The only other thing I'm waiting for is Gears Of War tongue.gif

Anyone know of somewhere reputable for pre-orders?

Amazon has them http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B0009VXBAQ/ smile.gif

QUOTE(finalsin @ Sep 14 2006, 10:32 PM) View Post

The New Nintendo Sounds Cool, But the only Problem I have with it , is if you need Broadband to d/l the games im shit outa luck , where i moved to i cant get shit but dial-up ( sure im not the only one ) , and to think i still have a xbox live account i cant even use.

Peace!

It would be nice, for those without broadband, if you could use dialup to download some of the older games, especially since most of the NES and SNES games are less than 1MB (most NES less than 300KB for that matter). smile.gif

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2006, 12:38:00 PM »

I think it makes sense to have them separate.

Many games will use just the Wii-mote... saying you'll need the nunchuck attachment is just pure speculation. Heck viewing all of the Wii-Sports footage I would say that the pack-in game doesn't even need it.

Also ALL of the wii attachments are $20 that includes the retro controller and the zapper in addition to the nunchuck.

Sure the controllers are expensive but lets put this in perspective.

The Xbox 360 controllers are $50... a wii-mote + nunchuck is $60 and that includes a speaker, built in memory, 2 6-axis motion sensors and an IR positional sensor on top of the standard controller functions.

Are you suggesting the new advanced Nintendo controller isn't worth $10 more then the standard controllers that the other companies are offering?

Andrew_Roy

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2006, 02:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(vengeancegoon @ Sep 15 2006, 06:44 PM) View Post

But if they didn't sell it seperately you'd bitch at the fact you broke your nunchuck controller and had to buy both of them again just to get the nunchuck!!

Seriously you people.

Why would I bitch about something I was expecting and had no reason to expect otherwise?

I've never had a Nintendo controller break on me, not even the N64 analog stick and it's not like Nintendo couldn't offer it as a replacement part if it did. So no, that never went through my head and no I wouldn't bitch about it, don't generalize me as someone who's trying to bring this thing down. I'm pissed because this is something I want and I don't want to to take it up the ass in the wallet.

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Sep 15 2006, 07:45 PM) View Post

Many games will use just the Wii-mote... saying you'll need the nunchuck attachment is just pure speculation. Heck viewing all of the Wii-Sports footage I would say that the pack-in game doesn't even need it.

I already knew Wiisports wouldn't need it but I'm hardly speculating how needed this is:

Madden 07
Marvel Alliance
Red Steel
Trauma Center: Second Opinion
Super Mario Galaxy
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, The
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Elebits
Battalion Wars 2
Mario Strikers Charged
Call of Duty 3
Project H.A.M.M.E.R

Are all games that I just did a quick scan of that I was able to find that need the Nunchuck. Granted not all of these are multiplayer but Madden, Marvel Alliance and Mario Strikers are for sure and three games I was considering. This is just in the first wave of games, I'm positive I'm going to need that nunchuck.

Also ALL of the wii attachments are $20 that includes the retro controller and the zapper in addition to the nunchuck.

The zapper wouldn't have an accelerometer so I'm wondering why that attachment is so expensive now.

Sure the controllers are expensive but lets put this in perspective.

The Xbox 360 controllers are $50... a wii-mote + nunchuck is $60 and that includes a speaker, built in memory, 2 6-axis motion sensors and an IR positional sensor on top of the standard controller functions.

Are you suggesting the new advanced Nintendo controller isn't worth $10 more then the standard controllers that the other companies are offering?

Well, since you brought it up, 50 dollars for a wireless Xbox 360 controller is too much and 40 for a wired is too much but I wasn't registered here when I was venting about that.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2006, 02:58:00 PM »

... who says my comments were directed at you  laugh.gif

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2006, 04:19:00 PM »

I was just talking in general man... adding my own perspective to the matter. I've heard quite a few people complain about $60 tag and nunchuk sold separately bit.

jhoff80

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2006, 11:51:00 PM »

WiiSports boxing requires the nunchuck.

sinister slipknot

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2006, 03:01:00 AM »

According to game.co.uk the Wii comes out in the UK on December 8th.

sabbath_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2006, 03:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(sinister slipknot @ Sep 17 2006, 10:08 AM) View Post

According to game.co.uk the Wii comes out in the UK on December 8th.

QUOTE(sabbath_dude @ Sep 15 2006, 01:45 PM) View Post

Well I just read that the Wii is going to cost £179.99 over here in the UK and its being released on Dec 8th. £179.99!!!!! ($339.93 USD)wtf!!!. Suddenly the Wii has become a lot less appealing to me!. Thats the same price I can pick up a 360 core pack for over here!. Waaaaay over priced if you ask me. I thought it was going to be really cheap since the US only pay $250. Rip off!  mad.gif .

Wii are going to get shafted though!  tongue.gif . See what I did there.

grim_d

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2006, 03:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(sabbath_dude @ Sep 17 2006, 10:59 PM) View Post

Wii are going to get shafted though!  tongue.gif . See what I did there.

i dont think wii are, wii always knew it was gonna be around £150.

so for £180 your getting the console, the remote, the nunchuck and a copy of wii sports. Bargain if you ask mii. thats £100 less than a 360 and it coes with a free game.

ive had mine preordered from play.com since the second i got my email about it.

still at least buying both a 360 and a wii is cheaper than a ps3..now thats shocking.

sabbath_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2006, 04:04:00 PM »

Thats not so bad I suppose. Didnt know we got the nunchuck included. Still £180 is £30 more than what id expected and I think alot of ppl will just go for the core 360 instead. I'm still weighing up whether or not to reserve a couple at Game for selling on ebay for xmas. You think it'll sell out?.

grim_d

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2006, 04:22:00 PM »

i doubt it man, its not a worldwide release remember so id imagine there wont be any shortages, obviously ive got mine preordered incase. Id say out of the 3 nintendo is the company thats got their head together the most. this will be the smoothest launch out of the 3.

As for the extra 30 quid i dont mind because i wasnt expecting there to be a game and the nunchuck bundled in it. Id of happily payed 200. Well after zelda i will have laugh.gif

Plus i reckon alot of kids will have asked their parents for a wii instead of a 360 for the new controller..plus in realty who acctually wants a core?

faithie

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2006, 09:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(sidewinder33 @ Sep 14 2006, 11:43 AM) View Post

I was on the fence about getting a Wii before but if I can go and get my favorite old games for so cheap, then I will definately get one. Even if I think the controller is kinda funky. The low price tag doesn't hurt either.

Seriously, even if every game for the Wii sucks (which I don't think will actually happen) I would buy one JUST to get a chance to play some of my old favorite SNES or N64 titles. And it's so cheap!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]