xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Nintendo confirms US and Japanese Wii launch details  (Read 518 times)

icantstandtoburntolong

• Archived User
Nintendo confirms US and Japanese Wii launch details
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2006, 03:25:00 PM »

I wonder if you can use the DS as a controller for the Virtual Console games?

Also remember that the Wii has 512mb built in memory so no need for a memory card!

street_kings

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2006, 03:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(spIdeZ @ Sep 14 2006, 10:32 PM) View Post

$60 for a controller...are you fucking kidding me?  huh.gif

50 for the 360's controllers. 10 more is really not that bad. $60 for a 360 game...are you fucking kidding me? huh.gif

I cant wait for this to come out. I'm soooo buying one!

Andrew_Roy

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2006, 03:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(street_kings @ Sep 14 2006, 10:38 PM) View Post

50 for the 360's controllers. 10 more is really not that bad. $60 for a 360 game...are you fucking kidding me? huh.gif

I cant wait for this to come out. I'm soooo buying one!

The luxury of a wireless controller for 360 is 50, the wired version which is enough to get by any game is only 40. That's the same price of the wiimote, except the wiimote alone isn't enough to get by a lot if not most games.

sabbath_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2006, 04:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(icantstandtoburntolong @ Sep 14 2006, 10:32 PM) View Post

Also remember that the Wii has 512mb built in memory so no need for a memory card!

This is the only thing that worries me about the Wii. That won't last long if you're going to be downloading lots of games + saving your progress etc. Can you add to this with the SD card slot or is that just for game saves and photos?. Either way I still really want one of these things!.

I hope they get released over in Europe for Xmas!. I wonder how much they'll be over here in the UK?. I'm guessing Nintendo do a bundle for £149.99. Suppose we find out tomorrow at the press event.

*edit quote*

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2006, 04:35:00 PM »

$250 for the console, $60 for the nun-chuck controller, $40 for a memory card, and $40 for component cable is a WII FREAKING WAY TO MUCH FOR ME!

Especially when the 360 core system will cost the same with 10x the power and 10x the game selection.  Has Nintendo lost it? blink.gif

shodanjr_gr

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2006, 04:46:00 PM »

One idiotic thing on behalf of Nintendo...

No freaking DVD playback....freaking AGAIN....

This is REALLY retarded...

sofa king dumb

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2006, 05:09:00 PM »

WTF its not gonna have HD DVD yet only regular DVD movies play  mad.gif

price aint bad for n64 games though they wont have many at launch

epsilon72

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2006, 06:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(sofa king dumb @ Sep 14 2006, 04:16 PM) View Post
WTF its not gonna have HD DVD yet only regular DVD movies play  mad.gif

price aint bad for n64 games though they wont have many at launch

You're kidding right?  I thought we didn't need any more overpriced next-gen format pushing consoles...

Have you condsidered buying a PS3?

QUOTE(Bush-Is-My-Hero @ Sep 14 2006, 04:36 PM) View Post
looks like wii is just catching up to the original xbox and the ps2,

Gamecube already beat PS2 graphics-wise.  Wii is superior to all 6th generation consoles, but not close to the 360/PS3.

juan_2006

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2006, 08:00:00 PM »

Sweet I've been waiting forver for the price...

finalsin

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2006, 08:25:00 PM »

The New Nintendo Sounds Cool, But the only Problem I have with it , is if you need Broadband to d/l the games im shit outa luck , where i moved to i cant get shit but dial-up ( sure im not the only one ) , and to think i still have a xbox live account i cant even use.

Peace!

icantstandtoburntolong

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2006, 09:00:00 PM »

Damn, you people bitch alot!

Look everyone already has a DVD player, and even if they did make it play DVD movies, it would no doubt be inferior to most stand-alone players. Plus half of you would bitch about the fact they even included it since it is so crappy.

I comes with 512mb of internal memory. Sure that isnt much but this is included in the price, besides the old games arent that big and you can use your gamecube memory cards for gamecube saves and possibly even for Wii saves. Plus, they are using standard SD cards for extra storage (possibly even usb drives) instead of making you buy proprietary memory cards, that is unheard of.

I think $40 for the remote is perfectly reasonable. It has motion sensors, rumble, a speaker, some onboard storage, connects to all other controllers making them wireless, can be used as a NES controller if held sideway, the pointer feature. All this an it is only $10 more than the 360 controller. Not to mention the fact that it is backwards compatible with gamecube controllers, and the addons are only $20.

It also has built in wifi, a browser, photo viewer, free online play, DS connectivity, instant messages, gamecube backwards compatability, a freaking weather channel, and more to come (notice the blank spots on the main menu) And dont forget it actually comes with a game!

I dont know what you all were expecting but I think this is a pretty good deal.

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2006, 10:44:00 PM »

well one things for sure...

if you wait out for after launch, you know nintendo will bump out some pimp ass bundles...

i got gamecube, $20 of coupon for a game (Resident evil 4)  and mario kart for about 60 bucks, after selling mario kart for 40 on ebay...

i wont get one at launch, but i will get one.

Himura

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2006, 02:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(icantstandtoburntolong @ Sep 14 2006, 08:07 PM) View Post

Look everyone already has a DVD player, and even if they did make it play DVD movies, it would no doubt be inferior to most stand-alone players. Plus half of you would bitch about the fact they even included it since it is so crappy.

THANK YOU!!!
thats what ive been saying. I dont need another dvd player, I have like 10 already.

bigjimmy

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2006, 02:46:00 AM »

Grrrr when are they going to announce the Austrlalian release date???? Ive been holding out for the past 6 hours for a release date for aus.

If worse comes to worse, ill have to import, even though ill be very careful doing so after last time (see sig).

Anyways, on the subject of PS3, I swear to god im going to get a PS3 case, and make a grill out of it!!! ( www.ps3grill.com )

I eagerly await an australian release date...........

Pikkon

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2006, 06:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(Andrew_Roy @ Sep 15 2006, 06:37 AM) View Post

I'm just about to order the Twilight Prinicess for Gamecube.

The Twilight Princess for the Gamecube comes out Dec 11.And come on the price for the Wii is not that bad.I would say to at least try out the system first when Gamestop and Wallmart and such get demo units,you might change your mind on getting one once you actually get to play it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4