xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Nintendo confirms US and Japanese Wii launch details  (Read 521 times)

Ninjaman

• Archived User
Nintendo confirms US and Japanese Wii launch details
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2006, 10:31:00 AM »

I'm just wondering since when did Xbox-Scene start posting news/updates for other consoles....then why call it Xbox-Scene...why not change the name to Console-Scene?

rasstar

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2006, 10:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(Ninjaman @ Sep 14 2006, 05:38 PM) View Post

I'm just wondering since when did Xbox-Scene start posting news/updates for other consoles....then why call it Xbox-Scene...why not change the name to Console-Scene?

That's a good one.....The wii doesn't look attractive and that price is not good. It's like a 5 year old console revamped with a new controller scheme. After the novelty wears off it will be boring. If games allows you to play with either the controller or the wiimote then it would be better. I can't see myself using that remote to play games at all......

WHo really cares about playing NES games? They all look like crap and I doubt any of us could play them for long. My xbxo has all of them but I never played any.

For $50.00 more poeple can get a much more powerful system that includes HD and DVD playback.

PONG/GEEZER

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2006, 10:45:00 AM »

At this price point I can see many parents going with the Wii for the present of choice for the holidays. This will pretty much insure Nintendo grabbing the younger video game demographic, as well as, people looking for a second system.

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2006, 11:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(Ninjaman @ Sep 14 2006, 11:38 AM) View Post

well, when something big , like a consoles price point comes out... its worthy of posting to the masses.

im sure many of use visit these forums more than any other gaming site, and its good to not be left out of the loop.

sinister slipknot

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2006, 11:36:00 AM »

QUOTE(troyBORG @ Sep 14 2006, 03:00 PM) View Post

So in other words.

NES = $4.25
SNES = $6.80
N64 = $8.50
Seems good since most XBL arcade games are around $5 (400 points) or $10 (800 points)

Yeah thats cool, though im sure most people who would want to play alot of the old classics would have done using ROMs

incognegro

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2006, 12:10:00 PM »

Id rather use emulation on xbox than buy over games that I already own. Ill get it if a have some change left over cause I always buy all the systems anyway.

They better be able to play online!

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2006, 12:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(rasstar @ Sep 14 2006, 12:50 PM) View Post

That's a good one.....The wii doesn't look attractive and that price is not good. It's like a 5 year old console revamped with a new controller scheme. After the novelty wears off it will be boring. If games allows you to play with either the controller or the wiimote then it would be better. I can't see myself using that remote to play games at all......

WHo really cares about playing NES games? They all look like crap and I doubt any of us could play them for long. My xbxo has all of them but I never played any.

For $50.00 more poeple can get a much more powerful system that includes HD and DVD playback.

Good... one less person I'll have to fight in line on launch day  muhaha.gif

iPwn

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2006, 12:17:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

WampaOne

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2006, 12:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(rasstar @ Sep 14 2006, 12:50 PM) View Post

i'm assuming that you already have an xbox being on these forums, and doesn't that have DVD playback? i don't want my consoles playing DVDs anyway

and about the wiimote to play games, i'm pretty sure you can use gamecube controllers on the wii, and you can't go wrong with the wavebird. there are also virtual console controllers that look a lot like super nintendo controllers.

http://www.newsgab.c...20controler.jpg

this is the only new console i'm going to buy until the 360 and its games come way down in price

ebrunn

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2006, 12:41:00 PM »

man, you wont even have to buy games in the store for Wii. Just dl everything you need.

jizmo

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2006, 01:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(bucko @ Sep 14 2006, 06:39 PM) View Post

But that's the cool thing, they will have a lower price point, aiming at the 90% of people with standard def TV's so that's the market there aiming at.

Wii will do very well. Everything about this product is very appealing to the masses, from the price to the games that appeal to large audiences. It's concept proven with DS and taken further in every way with Wii.

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Sep 14 2006, 06:57 PM) View Post

Have you played Gamecube? Heck have you even played N64?

Nintendo has ALWAYS required that games for their console include whatever the latest and greatest form of FSAA is to pass certification. The Gamecube is virtually Jaggie free even on my HD projector. I would suspect the Wii would be as good if not better in this department.

480p on any HDTV set will look misty when placed next to x360 or PS3 on crisp LCD sets, there's just no going around it. Your average Joe Consumer won't be put off by it, but for technology whores like me there's just no going back to SDTV.

But as I said, Wii will do good. I was confident that technically much superior PSP would wipe the floor with clumsy low-res DS, but you know what the story turned out to be there.

ZildjianKX

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2006, 01:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(WampaOne @ Sep 14 2006, 09:44 AM) View Post

i'm assuming that you already have an xbox being on these forums, and doesn't that have DVD playback? i don't want my consoles playing DVDs anyway

and about the wiimote to play games, i'm pretty sure you can use gamecube controllers on the wii, and you can't go wrong with the wavebird. there are also virtual console controllers that look a lot like super nintendo controllers.

http://www.newsgab.c...20controler.jpg

this is the only new console i'm going to buy until the 360 and its games come way down in price

The virtual console controller is corded? sad.gif

R-Dawggy Dawg

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2006, 01:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(ZildjianKX @ Sep 14 2006, 03:26 PM) View Post

The virtual console controller is corded? sad.gif

I agree... Nintendo had all this time to make shit better.. and they cant even make contollers wireless????? For Shame Nintendo. For Shame. mad.gif

gsharpshooter

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2006, 01:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(sabbath_dude @ Sep 14 2006, 04:35 PM) View Post

I really want one!. So cheap and looks like tons of fun. I'll probably end up just playing Golden Eye!. Maybe the best death match game ever created!. I dont care about HD output since I dont own a HD tv and don't intend to any time soon.

OO MAN THIS JUST CHANGED MY MIND ON WII I FOGOT OF GOLDENEYE OO MAN THE GOOD OLD DAYS AHHH YEAH I HAVE A 360 BUT IM STILL DEBATING ABOUT A WII I STILL DUNNO HMM STILL HARD BUT OO MAN I FOGOT ABOUT THE PAST GAMES MAN I ONLY WANAN STICK WITH ONE CONSOLE I SAY NINENDOAND MS MAKE A CONSOLE AGINST SONY AND JUST WIN  happy.gif  rolleyes.gif

devguy

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2006, 02:18:00 PM »

If I remember correctly, the old-school wii controller is corded, but it plugs into the wireless standard wireless wii-mote at the bottom where you would normally plug in the joystick.

Also, this virtual console is cool, but any word yet on whether it will support enhancements to the games like backwards compatibility of the Xbox on the 360?  I'm talking Anti-aliasing, and maybe upconverting the signals to EDTV from SDTV?

Any info on the DVD player for the wii?  I heard it was not built in, which is kinda odd.  Also, will it support EDTV?

Finally, I am curious too about the lack of at least some HDTV support.  Like it was stated before, the original Xbox could display 720p just fine for some games, why can't a similarly equipped wii do the same?  Oh well.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4