xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Nintendo Wii Release Info!  (Read 131 times)

icantstandtoburntolong

• Archived User
Nintendo Wii Release Info!
« on: September 13, 2006, 10:37:00 PM »

http://www.1up.com/d...ory?cId=3153622

$250 release on Nov. 19

Wii Sports game included

Opera browser built in

Pikkon

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 12:35:00 AM »

icantstandtoburntolong

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 01:27:00 AM »

Hmmm, it seems strange that the US would get it almost 2 weeks before Japan.

icantstandtoburntolong

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 05:23:00 AM »

It does get pretty expensive but remember you can use Gamecube controllers instead of the classic controller so that should save you some money. But I agree that the wii-mote/nunchuck combo shouldnt be more than 50$(remember it is a wireless controller)

Pikkon

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 06:07:00 AM »

QUOTE(Andrew_Roy @ Sep 14 2006, 06:36 AM) View Post
I'd rather not play SNES games with that (remember Megaman X collection?)

I know what your talking about.What would be the best controller to play snes and nes is the Hori Digital Controller for GameCube.It should work just on the Wii.Here is a link.

http://gear.ign.com/...6/496707p1.html

http://www.the-nextl...tal-controller/

icantstandtoburntolong

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 06:30:00 AM »

http://wii.ign.com/a...2/732669p1.html

Looks like the US gets the Wii two weeks earlier than Japan and we get a free game!

Note that the article says profiles can be stored ON the wiimote, so it also acts as a memory card also.

So the Controller/nunchuck is $60 that is a little high but at least you can store a profile on it and take it with you so each person can bring their own remote. Also remember that if you are playing NES/Genisis games the remote can be held lengthwise an be used as a controller.

Andrew_Roy

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 07:16:00 AM »

Ah, apparently it started an hour earlier than I thought. Same news, same numbers and same dissapointment. Even gamecube zelda got pushed to december 11th.

epsilon72

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2006, 08:37:00 AM »

The controller price is bs.  I was very excited about the Wii launch, but now I'm not so sure.  Does nintendo really want to be pushed out of the console race forever?

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 10:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(Andrew_Roy @ Sep 14 2006, 07:36 AM) View Post

Not once did I think the the wiimote + nunchuck would sell for anything but 40 together. The Wiimote is wireless but not the attachments. That's why it pisses me off so much that they said all the expensive parts were going into the wiimote but are going to charge 20 bucks for a freaking analog stick. One that will be needed by a lot if not most games. As for using Gamecube controllers, yeah that's alright for me and you who have them already except I'd rather not play SNES games with that (remember Megaman X collection?)

The nun-chuck has 6-axis motion sensors in it just like the Wii-mote does... it's quite a bit more then just an analog stick.

Not to mention the Wii-mote itself doubles as your memory card, so you're saving however much you'd normally spend on that.

As for the Retro controllers... they look nice but I'd rather use the 4 wavebirds I have already  smile.gif

atomiX

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 01:19:00 PM »

Since there's now an official news post topic, I will close this one. Please post any comments HERE.