xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Wii Debate  (Read 237 times)

Tito2k6

• Archived User
Wii Debate
« on: August 16, 2006, 08:19:00 PM »

I've gotta admit, I've been set on a Wii since I first saw the controller.

Lately, however, I've started to have some misgivings...

LETS GET THIS STRAIGHT......THE WII IS NOT A NEXT GEN CONSOLE!  IT IS SIMPLY A REVED UP GAME CUBE WITH A COOL CONTROLLER (interesingly enought, they are actually introducing a Game Cube version of the controller)

I've gotta admit, Ive been on Nintedo's ass for years about their mis-steps and scew ups but, with this contoller, they acually have something.

The problem is, in typical Nintendo fashion, they forgot something simple.   Why buy an 'new game system' just for a controller.  

I'm having an intenral debate about this now.   IT IS A GAMECUBE WITH A COOL CONTROLLER!!!!!  Why did Retardo decide that a 'New System' was justifed?  They say the Wii isn't even as powerfulas the original XBOX.  What stops MS or Sony from coming out with a rip off controller?  Once again Nintendo is seemingly run by retards.

Xombe

• Archived User
Wii Debate
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 08:22:00 PM »

Moving out of Xbox Gamers Chat...

raceboy404

• Archived User
Wii Debate
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 04:32:00 PM »

i am getting a wii.
alot cheaper than the ps3 and i am hopping for a arcade like the xbox 360, so i can get super mario. rolleyes.gif

VampX

• Archived User
Wii Debate
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 07:06:00 PM »

if the WII gets new games like Metroid/Mario/Zelda/Pilot Wings/Starfox/Namco Rpg's/Mana rpg's/Final Fantasy/etc then i'll buy one.

if it only gets games made for the remote controller (cough mariopaintwiiii) and emu games then i will not buy one.

Emulation would be a plus but i really need more then just that to justify buying myself a wii.
(unless they bring out a sweet non scifi lightgun and a port/emulated version of the 2nd Jurassic Park lightgun game)

any confirmed games btw?

manu_xl

• Archived User
Wii Debate
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2006, 05:43:00 AM »

i will definately buy it for nintendo emulated games. perfect n64 emulation without those crazy cartridges!!!

@VampX: zelda is definately confirmed. twillight princess wont be released on the gamecube

VampX

• Archived User
Wii Debate
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2006, 05:58:00 AM »

What i'd like to see is Nintendo releasing Unreleased romzz or new romzz on the emu option of the wii.

I mean they allready have the sourcecode to all their games, gimme an official Mario World 3 game  biggrin.gif

or maybe sega could throw together a quick Sonic 4 game.

they allready have all the sprites/sounds/music/engine with those 4ghz cpu's one man
could do it in a month, a team could make it in a week  biggrin.gif

oh i'm rambling again, hoping for a ressurection of the 16bit era >_>

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Wii Debate
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2006, 11:18:00 AM »

yeah it's not just a gamecube with a suped up controller

-It's estimated to have nearly twice the performance power then the GC (and the GC was UNDERRATED when speced by Nintendo, meaning it performed in practice better then it did on paper) This puts the Wii as a more powerful machine then the Xbox 1, not to mention it also has more ram, which is a big plus. Since the Wii wont be doing HD graphics it's expected that at 480p it will be on part with Xbox 360 and the PS3.

-Built in Wi-Fi for network connectivity and DS connectivity

-Built in Ethernet for network connectivity (GC requires a $30 adapter)

-Support for Full Size DVDs instead of Mini DVDs... meaning 8GB per disc instead of 1.46GB per disc (big improvment right there.

-Built in Blue-Tooth for connecting to Wireless controllers instead of the ugly wireless dongles.

And lets not forget the whole Virtual Console, and support for downloadable games which would not be possible on the GC.

So considering a NEW Gamecube goes for $100 and the BBA is $30... that's $130 right there.. the Wii is only $70 more

for $70 you get: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Full sized DVD support, Twice the performance power, Extra Ram, and the Virtual Console

Sounds like a bargan to me! What difference does it make that it's NOT a gamecube? why not just squint and pretend it's the gamecube "slim" or something?

quiksilver_kid

• Archived User
Wii Debate
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2006, 11:07:00 PM »

Could the Xbox do this?
I have the new Madden backed up on my Xbox and it is nowhere near as impressive as this, both graphically and interactively.  biggrin.gif

Johnny Johnson

• Archived User
Wii Debate
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2006, 08:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(quiksilver_kid @ Aug 30 2006, 01:14 AM) View Post

Could the Xbox do this?
I have the new Madden backed up on my Xbox and it is nowhere near as impressive as this, both graphically and interactively.  biggrin.gif

That's pretty impressive. It would have been better had the zoomed back a little so you could have seen the guy actually simulating a throw/catch/etc. with the controller. smile.gif

EverestX

• Archived User
Wii Debate
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2006, 08:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Aug 21 2006, 12:25 PM) View Post

@ Everything this man said.

Amen.

/Rant
 All you "Wii is not next gen" folks are totally full of it. Next gen doesn't mean "HD Gaming" It doesn't mean HDMI, It doesn't mean "Blue Ray/HD DVD"

Nextgen means New Features, forward thinking, outside the box games, unheard of game content, Never before seen game play. Nextgen means fun games again, unlike the content available thus far on the "Next gen consoles"    Nextgen is about proper use of existing technology (IE. Resident Evil 4 on GC), not some buggy over heating prone multi-core beast that is so hard to code for..  Sega Saturn.. anyone?   I am really starting to get pissed off about the whole "Nextgen console war" I have seen a total of Jack shit that is Nextgen from 360, ps3 looks like next garbage, and Nintendo is the only people actually thinking new Deferent, special, and fun.  Not graphics, Fancy Expensive Media, and limited back wards compatibility. These systems don't even have direct X 10 support. Next gen is a joke,  and the only revolution in gaming yet is how gullible you all are to think this is all new deferent and exciting.

/rant.

Somar

• Archived User
Wii Debate
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2006, 11:13:00 PM »

I'm not overly enthusiastic about this odd new controller, but I have to admit that it's the most original thing I've seen in years, and Nintendo has always been one to go out on a limb and bring in new ideas (N64 controller, Virtual Boy, hello anyone?). I'm even looking forward to their new version of that surgery game (Trauma Center I think) to see how it does with the remote. The only thing I can think of that I'm not happy with would be the name, because Revolution sounds SO much cooler than Wii.

Like hell that's gonna stop me from buying one though.

gasclown

• Archived User
Wii Debate
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2006, 04:28:00 PM »

Factory wireless control is enough for me to call a system 'nextgen'.

the wii will rock. im not sure the 'hardcore gamers' will agree. but this gen, imo, those types will be the minority. We will have nintendo to thank for that....