xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Wii Hack  (Read 599 times)

Y26tav

• Archived User
Wii Hack
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2007, 01:10:00 PM »

when you download a vc games you get two files. the rom and then an enabler. you can copy the rom off it is a .bin file but without the other file it will not work on any other wii.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Wii Hack
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2007, 12:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(SR388 @ Dec 5 2006, 01:10 AM) View Post

or you could just have a wii with the wireless communication chip disconected

a much easier method would be to simply set it to a static IP of 0.0.0.0  rolleyes.gif

The way my network is setup it wont connect properly until I manually set the gateway... you could also block the MAC address in your router. There are a whole number of simple ways you could keep the Wii from getting online without opening it up.

Y26tav

• Archived User
Wii Hack
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2007, 07:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Jan 11 2007, 09:07 PM) View Post

a much easier method would be to simply set it to a static IP of 0.0.0.0  rolleyes.gif

The way my network is setup it wont connect properly until I manually set the gateway... you could also block the MAC address in your router. There are a whole number of simple ways you could keep the Wii from getting online without opening it up.

.... you could just disable wii connect 24....

grogger13

• Archived User
Wii Hack
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2007, 12:26:00 AM »

yeah. i have been looking for a wii moding site.  From the hackers convetion it seems like the wii is already pretty modded, but i cant find anything on it.

gainpresence

• Archived User
Wii Hack
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2007, 01:17:00 AM »

My guess is that the shit will go down at maxconsole..  but there's work going on at several different sites, including this one.

The GC never had it's own scene site either IIRC.

xiaNaix

• Archived User
Wii Hack
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2007, 02:32:00 AM »

Nothing ever goes down at MaxConsole.  Zeus just copies his news posts from other sites.

The XenoGC Team are working on a drivemod that should be available soon.  Others are working on similar devices.  The Cobra Team hinted recently that they too are working on a chip.

There are methods available for backing up the discs but you need a specific drive and the only publicly available tools take approximately 70+ hours to dump the entire disc.  Modified drive firmware is only in the hands of high-level sceners.

Most of the Wii modding/hacking sites where actual progress is happening are kept in tight circles.  There are plenty of forums and whatnot where kiddies think they can hex edit their way to a solution but they are not worth wasting your time on.  If you're looking for real information, I suggest my own site...

http://www.wiinewz.com

For homebrew type stuff, Google "LiquidIce's Nintendo Wii Hacks" site.  I tried to post the link but some sort of filter prevented it.

terribly

• Archived User
Wii Hack
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2007, 01:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(xiaNaix @ Jan 13 2007, 04:39 AM) View Post

Most of the Wii modding/hacking sites where actual progress is happening are kept in tight circles.  There are plenty of forums and whatnot where kiddies think they can hex edit their way to a solution but they are not worth wasting your time on.  If you're looking for real information, I suggest my own site...

Painfully true.

I'm sick of trying to find news and it's some idiot 13 year old going "zomg k i think i no how 2 crak the wii.  all u haf 2 do is hack the program somehow, rite some code to run ur own programs and ur gold!"

+1 to Liquidice's blog.  MaxConsole is good for news too (but generally not the first place things get posted).  Often Digg gets news, but it's "real" news: don't expect to find information about the console being hacked on it.

indiraider

• Archived User
Wii Hack
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2007, 08:36:00 PM »

I suck the cock cause I make multiple accounts to promote my pos site

here is the link if you want it (its not my site btw)

it wont let me post it. I could probably beat pun intended the filter by spacing it but i wont do it if there isnt any demand for it. But just try goggling wii mod wii and forum in order to get it

indiraider

• Archived User
Wii Hack
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2007, 08:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(kalle_19 @ Jan 11 2007, 07:09 PM) View Post

Yeah, right: No ones knows about the flash-cards - http://en.wikipedia...._specifications

What I meant to say was that flash cards are not as common as lets say the dreamcast hack where everyone was doing it (even your little sister).

For optical media it is very easy to pirate applications and games because of the open ended digital structure it had (rip it burn it). Furthermore if a hack is hard for the standard newb to achieve than video game companies don't really care if its used as much as a hd-loader/ dreamcast hack. They probably put it into a fight club like equation where its the costs they lose versus the cost of fixing it.

Y26tav

• Archived User
Wii Hack
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2007, 05:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(Killazincorp @ Jan 14 2007, 11:36 PM) View Post

If the vc games come with a .bin rom file and a emulator file could you in return use an SD card and put additional rom files on the wii to be played with the emulator they give? Or is each rom file coded to a specificly to its emulator file it comes with?

when you download a vc game it comes with a rom and an " enabler" file that allows the rom to be played and adds it to the menu on the console. so without understanding how to make a "enabler" file to go along with any rom you wish to put on your wii you would not be able to play it.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Wii Hack
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2007, 07:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(indiraider @ Jan 13 2007, 10:43 PM) View Post

Edit: I tried posting a forum for the wii called wii mod wii and I got this message

here is the link if you want it (its not my site btw)

it wont let me post it. I could probably beat pun intended the filter by spacing it but i wont do it if there isnt any demand for it. But just try goggling wii mod wii and forum in order to get it

The admin for that site created multiple accounts on these boards and spammed his URL which earned his site a place on the filtered list and him a permanent ban.

It's unfortunate but XS doesn't want to affiliate themselves with any site that practices spamming to improve their user base.

He could have very easily started contributing useful information and referenced his site where appropriate/kept a link in his sig, or paid to advertise on XS if he really wanted more hits.

instead we just got a bunch of "Hey check out my new Wii moding site...Please sign up for the forums... blah blah blah"
Pages: 1 2 [3]