xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Wii Hack  (Read 600 times)

epsilon72

• Archived User
Wii Hack
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2006, 09:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(indiraider @ Jun 25 2006, 12:53 AM) *
For the GC it was again the shape or size of the disk and getting the disk.

Nope - if you put a burned game backup mini-dvd in the gamecube, it would not run by itself.  The cube has more security than just the size of the disc..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif)

SR388

• Archived User
Wii Hack
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2006, 10:57:00 AM »

yea, but it does stop some people

I would imagine that it would have some encryption as well, nintendo isn't stupid

Lord Serebi

• Archived User
Wii Hack
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2006, 09:52:00 AM »

wow, nintendo's last gen system had the best security out of xbox and ps2. Seriously, its not because lack of a scene or anything, the Gamecube took YEARS To get hacked. The first viper modchip came out like early 2005. The softmod hack gamecube had for the longest time was lame, streaming games was 'cool' but the cube's ethernet adapter was capped at 10mbps so alot of games would lag out ON YOUR LOCAL NETWORK. lame.

Nintendo uses INTERESTING protections. Really what we are all waiting for is a game producer to leave some exploitable code in, thats how the scenes have been doing these softmod hacks for some time now.

Phantasy Star Online for the cube

Ps1 games for the ps2

SPlinter Cell, Mech Assault and 007 for the xbox

yes we all want to use what we've learned from previous generations of hacking on the next gen but don't diss nintendo saying they neglect coded protections.

spyder2k5

• Archived User
Wii Hack
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2006, 10:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(indiraider @ Jun 25 2006, 02:53 AM) *

Like the title?  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

This generation or more accurately describe the "soon to be coming generation", will be interesting for Nintendo. This is because it will be the first time they use any standard non proprietary media. But they went all the way and announced they will have standard SD cards as memory and USB hard drives as memory also. Also, this time they will use standard DVDs not the mini-DVD crap! The question I'm asking is how long will it take for this thing to get hacked? Always (i mean always) Nintendo has done some PHYSICAL protection for their software to run homebrew or "backups". The for the SNES it was the shape of the cart and actually getting on. For the GC it was again the shape or size of the disk and getting the disk. For the GB/GC/GBA/DS/DSL it was finding and buying expensive flash-card (which surprising enough no one really knows about from outside the scene). And after getting the game into the machine, Nintendo did really nothing to prevent piracy/homebrew on the software side of the system, and did not really seem to care about the few who managed to do it. Not to the extent of MS. With non-propriety media and a simple machine, wii may be able to get a soft hack in a matter of days, break the encryption on the DVDs, and start homebrew/backups. Imagine the possibilities on homebrew for the wii.

1. Connectivity via DS touch screen- from what I heard on various sites it could transfer menus and be a controller for the wii. Imagine XBMC for the wii using the DS/DSL as a controller to actually see the album or movie cover you want on the touch screen and select it that way (the wii is supposed to work with standard USB 2.0 External HDs). that's just the begging, what about Full on homebrew games with the DS.

2. the virtual console- who really wants to pay 8 bux for an 10 year old N64 game? Perfect emulation, no need to write emulators.

3. Imagine homebrew using the wii controller- This is self explanatory.

If hacked this may be the the biggest homebrew scene EVER.
Cheap price+standard media+revolutionary control+ds=best scene

I forgot to mention there is 512mb of built in flash memory too
References: SD cards
DVDs and SDs

ever hear of being watched? while i love the Wii and its updates it downloads and communicates with Nintendo ALL the time.... with this being said.... anything ran on the Wii will not only mean Nintendo will know but they may tell ur Wii to stop functioning ooo u could turn off updates.... then it would still connect to the internet... and well communicate... so when u think about doing this think about what Nintendo may see/do

SR388

• Archived User
Wii Hack
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2006, 11:10:00 PM »

or you could just have a wii with the wireless communication chip disconected

spyder2k5

• Archived User
Wii Hack
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2006, 11:14:00 PM »

still if u need an update or want to use the Wii's online crap u will then be busted...

SR388

• Archived User
Wii Hack
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2006, 11:17:00 PM »

get 2

spyder2k5

• Archived User
Wii Hack
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2006, 11:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(SR388 @ Dec 5 2006, 01:17 AM) *

get 2

hahaha well thats not a good workaround for the average consumer

SR388

• Archived User
Wii Hack
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2006, 12:22:00 AM »

I'm sure that when mods do come out, they won't very good and easily detectable at first, but they will get more advanced with time and I am sure that we won't have a problem with it once the mods have reached max patential

12229psp

• Archived User
Wii Hack
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2006, 02:18:00 AM »

Prolly wont be that hard or that easy........just takes time.
however in the meantime i started a wii hack channels site hopefully it will grow and its a full wii hack forums also www.wiihackchannels.cjb.net

This post has been edited by 12229psp: Dec 5 2006, 10:18 AM

omegajedi

• Archived User
Wii Hack
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2006, 06:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(SR388 @ Dec 5 2006, 12:10 AM) View Post

or you could just have a wii with the wireless communication chip disconected

Everytime you want to run illegal hacks you just put your tinfoil hat on you Wii.

SR388

• Archived User
Wii Hack
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2006, 12:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(omegajedi @ Dec 5 2006, 05:13 AM) View Post

Everytime you want to run illegal hacks you just put your tinfoil hat on you Wii.

jester.gif
I can see the hat mods already

firestorm2yk

• Archived User
Wii Hack
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2006, 06:07:00 AM »

Can anyone confirm if the max drive pro method works for the wii?

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/1/292668

dragon_zero101

• Archived User
Wii Hack
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2020, 11:41:00 AM »

I don't know isn't there some kind of way to copy the VC games onto the sd card and read it with the computer and put the VC game and the rom side by side and see what the difference is? Because we all know that there is a certain code in it for the Wii to reconize it as a genuine VC game. Coudn't someone just do that and figure out how to put the code on the rom. But then again how would we know what kind of "emulator" that nintendo uses for the roms? I don't know, I guess my mind just works differently then everybody elses.

ace_012

• Archived User
Wii Hack
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2007, 11:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(dragon_zero101 @ Jan 7 2007, 01:41 PM) View Post

I don't know isn't there some kind of way to copy the VC games onto the sd card and read it with the computer and put the VC game and the rom side by side and see what the difference is? Because we all know that there is a certain code in it for the Wii to reconize it as a genuine VC game. Coudn't someone just do that and figure out how to put the code on the rom. But then again how would we know what kind of "emulator" that nintendo uses for the roms? I don't know, I guess my mind just works differently then everybody elses.

Haha I have dislexia...anyways I thought the way it works is that the wii knows you legally own the vc game because when you buy it off the shopping channel you are like givin legal rights to ti and when you sell your wii there is a option to like erase the ownership of the vc game? I don't think I explained it to well  blink.gif BUt it isn't the fact that the vc game has code in it, its the shopping channel part and your wii knows if u own it or something. IDK!
Pages: 1 [2] 3