xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Nintendo Pre-E3 Press Conference  (Read 274 times)

C o s m o

• Archived User
Nintendo Pre-E3 Press Conference
« on: May 09, 2006, 09:36:00 AM »

I predict the Wii will be ~$200-250.  Lame name and dwindling interest in Nintendo hardware will force them into a "budget console" role with the Wii.

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 09:40:00 AM »

lets not bash nintendo for trying to be innovative; i think they might pull off some decent games...

all it took was metroid prime and resident evil 4 to get me to buy a gamecube, maybe they will have some games that will stand out and kick some ass. (given RE4 was supposed to be GC only at the time)

C o s m o

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 10:39:00 AM »

Iknow...I'm trying not to do that too much.  I actually flip-flop between getting one and not getting one.
Some of the gameplay looks decent.  With the old NES titles available, I might get it.  Especially if it is in the price range I expect (BTW...no price announced today)

TeaTime

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 11:06:00 AM »

That was even more boring then sony's confrence...
I want to know pricing, launce date, availabilty
we'll have the rest of E3 for all the games

incognegro

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 11:07:00 AM »

Ok i just finished watching the conference and IMO MS doesnt need to worry about sony as much as they need to worry about nintendo. Seriously, i honestly dont think sony is a competitor after that. That may seem a bit extreme but thats just how good nintendo's performance was and the hardware (although obviously weak) has a lot of cool unique features (ALOT MORE THAN SONY CAN SAY!!) that the system apart. Even in the wake of the major rip off that is the ps3 controller, the wiimote is still unique and down right impressive in terms of usage (speakers in the controller? absolute genious!). The ps3 dual crock 2.5 cannot compare. The standby mode in wii sounds interesting but is nothing that MS cannot match (or even surpass) by just adding a dash update.

Now im more curious what MS will do to counter nintendo (not sony cause its not neccessary IMO). Since MS do already  have experience in those type of controllers (sidewinder anyone?) they should be able to match it only if theyre serious. Time will tell.....

incognegro

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 11:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(rasstar @ May 9 2006, 06:18 PM) View Post

Nintendo did not impress me ont bit. I don't want to interact with any games I prefer to sit back and relax after a hard day at work. I have no time to be jumping around swinging a racket and all that movement.

I would imagine u need some space to play those games. Can't have it in a tiny apartment.

Good point but dont knock till u try it....... a bit off topic but are you jamaican? cause I am. Mi haffi big up di dread, u zimme?

whiteblur67

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 11:43:00 AM »

the name is ok
remember what people thought of the 360 name

i can finally live my dream of hitting the pitches of randy johnson over the green monster

i think that pc gamers will feel right at home with aimming the wii-mote
i know i will

cyberg4

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2006, 11:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(rasstar @ May 9 2006, 11:18 AM) View Post

Nintendo did not impress me ont bit. I don't want to interact with any games I prefer to sit back and relax after a hard day at work. I have no time to be jumping around swinging a racket and all that movement.

I would imagine u need some space to play those games. Can't have it in a tiny apartment.

Dance Dance Revolution is popular enough and it definately requires space and energy, much more so than the Wii.  As well I am sure there wil be plenty of non labour intensive games available as well.  I am not completely sold on one but if the price is decent, (and Nintendo has either a VGA cable or a rgb output) then I will probably end up with one.

gonkle

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2006, 11:58:00 AM »

is there a torrent or downloadable videos from this, havent got streaming to work ,,,

EverestX

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2006, 02:17:00 PM »

Personally I feel that Nintendo Adressed almost everything I wanted them to in the conf.   If nintendo's conference is any thing like their launch and availability then sony should be shitty it's pants right now.  

Sony had nothing impressive to me.  Sure, I am a sony hater, and I will firmly admit it to anyone who opposes that, but this round I was really hoping sony would pulla rabit out a hat cause I find the 360 to be a dissapointment.

On a side note, Eye toy how wiik is that (get it.. nvm)

Msoft apparently had agood line up, however they seem to have covered more vista than game launch from my impresssion.  

Also 100 new games for DS by the end of the Year, Star Fox DS, WII downloads content while you are asleep and games taking longer than 45 seconds to load are shunned. Nintendo obviously knew their plan from the begining and they expressed it very well with their  over all willingness to sacrafice evertyhign to have the DS and WII be the the wave of the futurem, or to have no future at all
I loved the qoute "Some companys run from it, we run through it"

God Bless you Nintendo.

paranoia4422

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2006, 05:04:00 PM »

I was very dissapointed in all the games looking WORSE then gc, i mean when it comes to nintendo some things a are acceptable but metroid looking worse then GC and mario and everything else...i mean come on guys i dont care how cheap it is its ruining it...GC standard shouldnt be hard to atleast MATCH when your console is SD

paranoia4422

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2006, 02:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(trey85stang @ May 10 2006, 03:50 AM) View Post

Maybe you were watching the 2002 E3,  because nothing looked worse then the GC.  

I personally cannot wait for Wii.  Nintendo's Pre Conf was much better then M$'s and Sony's... and it leaves me wanting more.  M$'s leaves me intersted in Froza and thats about it.  Sony's was interesting.. but didnt do much for me at all.

Nintendo put the smack down and I cannot wait to find out more.  I was going to buy a PSP this summer.. but now screw that.. im waiting on Wii.

OMG, did you NOT SEE MARIO, have you never seeen mario sunshine? are you fucking stupid? tony hawk looked WAAAAAYYYYYY WORSE the GC titles, metroid looked like it lost detail as well

This is all official footage from G4 as well no rumor shit, G4 said it them selves nintendo looks worse and its amazing there still fun, but im sorrying its never gonna appeal to the masses looking like a DS on steroids, they done lost me as a custamore because i was expection GC quality games as a minimum and nothing looking as bad as those did will appeal to me

Sorry to be the realist and ruin all your fun, now time to shut sony fanboys up claiming new MGS4 footage looks better then last year when infact it lost alot of detail and still stutterd

xboxbox451

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2006, 05:11:00 AM »

After seeing the absolutely pathetic presentation content, I came to one conclusion, which is Nintendo shouldn't have even been invited to E3. They displayed no cutting edge breakthrough in their console technology. All the graphics presented were no better than a PSP, and this is supposed to be console rendered performance. Pathetic. There was no change in physics AT ALL. Everything was still moving a 45 degree turns, at best. The only thing different is a motion sensing controller, which looks like that will become annoying real fast.

If a persons pays more than $99.00 for that console their nuts. Especially knowing the new technology being deployed by Sony and MS. I wouldn't pay more than $19.99 for a Wii game. Its obvious their not putting in the effort by MS and Sony, so they shouldn't dare charge the same price for technology graphics that are already a generation old.

Even though the graphics are crap, I still would want to play Legend of Zelda and Metroid. Though I would be disappointed with the graphic quality of Metroid, but not so much for Zelda, which I don't mind a cartoony effect.

witfill

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2006, 12:11:00 PM »

while i love modding xboxes as much as the next guy on here, i've been playing nintendo since i was a kid, and nintendo rocks dudes.

Nintedo's first party games rock.  Motion controllers, innovation, whatever, the bottom line is that Nintendo is the only one of the big 3 with any eye towards genuine creativity.  All Sony and M$ do is make bigger and badder consoles each year - who really gives a shit what the graphics are when games aren't engaging you any better.  (I'd rather play old NES games than Madden 3^3343 year afte year).

Nintendo obviously has a niche market now and not as much clout as M$ and Sony, but I for one think that's a good thing.  The non-Nintedo fans are all the young kids from today - high school idiots and frat boys.  The same people who shell out $60 for a new Madden every year (yeah, real bright people, I know).  You can get just about any game for the PS3 as the xbox360.  Let those idiots keep supporting those companies.  I want to play weird, interesting games, not hook up every digital device I have to my ass and see if it goes 34 billion polygons.

paranoia4422

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2006, 04:07:00 PM »

OHH ouch a dev i was talking just called the wii a last gen console jester.gif
Pages: [1] 2