xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Nintendo Revolution Officially Renamed 'wii'  (Read 1923 times)

badbob001

• Archived User
Nintendo Revolution Officially Renamed 'wii'
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2006, 12:37:00 PM »

Oh the name may be stupid, but I'm sure the logo design will kick ass and make it all make sense. Just like Intel's similar viiv brandname...

...or not.

posure

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2006, 12:40:00 PM »

Wow, they should have just kept Revolution. Wii is an awful name, Revolution actually sounded pretty sweet.

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2006, 12:44:00 PM »

lol everyone at E3 is just gonna go why the hell is it called Wii. I hope enough people say that to make Nintendo change there mind.

adamscybot

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2006, 12:45:00 PM »

Imagine if you were scottish.

"I've just been playing on my wee wii!"

Awful.

Adam

EverestX

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2006, 12:59:00 PM »

... NOOOOOOO I am in tears at work. Litterally, Ters running down my face like a 5 year old girl.  Nintendo... Wii!?!?!  Wii would you do this to me.   Wii have you stabbed me in the back and renamed the ultimate gaming console to something so tragic.  

Imagine Playing Mario cart Revolution. nope, not any more.  It will be Wii mario cart.. WHAT THE FUCK?  

This has got to be the dumbest move in the nistory of Nintendo. Worse than the Virtual boy.   Dont get me wrong Virtual boy jams, but horrible marketing.

Thank you nintendo for ruining my day. My Grandma died the day before yesterday and now the revolution dies.  What else is left for me?  grr.gif

sew3521

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2006, 12:59:00 PM »

o god....this is officially the gayest sounding name i can think of...WTH are they smokeing....The only thing gayer would be the Nintendo Goatse...i will let you guess where you would put the CD ROFLMAO

InfernO8

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2006, 01:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(sew3521 @ Apr 27 2006, 03:06 PM) View Post

The only thing gayer would be the Nintendo Goatse

I think that just about sums it up, Nintendo Wii is not only by far the worst name for any system to date, but also makes it an embarassing thing to be doing which will cut it off from various audiences. I'd rather say "let's play some xbox later tonight", than say "let's play some wii".

deakphreak

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2006, 01:17:00 PM »

LETS GOT PLAY SOME NINTENDO WEEEE

Vicious69

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2006, 01:23:00 PM »

It's funny to see so many people freak out over a name.  Think about the current video game systems out there and how "great" the names are:

1.  PlayStation (2,3): wow, that's really thought invoking.  Perhaps Nintendo should have renamed there new system the GameBox, or VideoGameMachine?
2.  XBOX / XBOX 360: I guess this was suppose to make it seem like the machine was some cutting-edge badass that was the new, cool system to have.

I agree that Revolution was a more appropriate name (and indeed a better sounding one), but think that to choose to buy or not buy simply based on a name instead of the content of the system would be ignorant.

I wouldn't care if it was called the Nintendo Anus.  Hell, I'd probably laugh every time I said the name, but if the games and the system do everything we expect it to, then who cares?

danielmid

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2006, 01:27:00 PM »

I would seriously buy a Nintendo Anus. Just to laugh at it.

LightningStruckMyXbox

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2006, 01:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(Vicious69 @ Apr 27 2006, 12:30 PM) View Post

It's funny to see so many people freak out over a name.  Think about the current video game systems out there and how "great" the names are:

1.  PlayStation (2,3): wow, that's really thought invoking.  Perhaps Nintendo should have renamed there new system the GameBox, or VideoGameMachine?
2.  XBOX / XBOX 360: I guess this was suppose to make it seem like the machine was some cutting-edge badass that was the new, cool system to have.

I agree that Revolution was a more appropriate name (and indeed a better sounding one), but think that to choose to buy or not buy simply based on a name instead of the content of the system would be ignorant.

I wouldn't care if it was called the Nintendo Anus.  Hell, I'd probably laugh every time I said the name, but if the games and the system do everything we expect it to, then who cares?

Nintendo Anus would have been better than wii!
I really respected Nintendo. They brought years of gaming fun, but now they dropped the ball for good. I Don't know what has gotten into them. And the worst thing is, even if they get all negative feedback, they can't change the name. They're locked in. If they change it now they will lose even the most hardcore Nintendo fans.
Sucks to be a Nintendo stock-holder!

St!nkf!nger

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2006, 01:35:00 PM »

This might be the most retarded thread ever.  It'll come out and be tremendously innovative and popular and inexpensive that all of you will end up buying one no matter what its called.

Haven't you noticed that the new cool thing to do is ad an "i" to your product name to give it the cachet of being hip or futuristic?  Remember those things called iPods (not exactly a scintilating name)?  The Wii is going to be hip and futuristic.  And check it out:  Wii <--- has two i's (insert sarcasm here).  Nintendo knows what they're doing gang.

xboxSlayer

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2006, 01:36:00 PM »

Holy Jeez, listen to yourselves. Freaking out over a name. Slamming it and saying your not going to buy it because you don't like the name? wow. I thought it was a neat and cute name. Very original. And I agree the name is way better than Playstation 3 and Xbox360.

Vicious69

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2006, 01:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(LightningStruckMyXbox @ Apr 27 2006, 12:34 PM) View Post

I really respected Nintendo. They brought years of gaming fun, but now they dropped the ball for good.

But that's exactly my point.  If they've brought years of fun, and continue to do so, then what's in a name?  A perfect example: I'm one of the ones who stood out for 14 hours for an XBOX 360, and I enjoy the games on it.  But it's still one of the stupidest names I've heard.  The same can be said for the iPod, and look how successful it's become.

Opteron

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2006, 01:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(Vicious69 @ Apr 27 2006, 02:49 PM) View Post

But that's exactly my point.  If they've brought years of fun, and continue to do so, then what's in a name?  A perfect example: I'm one of the ones who stood out for 14 hours for an XBOX 360, and I enjoy the games on it.  But it's still one of the stupidest names I've heard.  The same can be said for the iPod, and look how successful it's become.

While those names may not have mattered much, they didn't exactly mean anything else.  Wii or "Wee" may not mean anything to Nintendo in Japan, but pretty much anywhere else well... Yeah...

They definitely could have chosen a better name.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9