xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: This Has Got To Be A Joke!  (Read 536 times)

ikecomp

• Archived User
This Has Got To Be A Joke!
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2006, 08:10:00 AM »

It seems like everybody is so quick to talk about how Nintendo is so revolutionary and how nintendo is about the games not the console. I'm sorry but endless supplies of mario sequels just isn't fun for everyone. Not to say that nintendo doesn't offer other games but I just get tired of seeing the mario characters in 50% of all there games. Also, everyones talking about how cool the controller is going to be but I haven't actually seen how this will work (Please don't give me a link to the video with the people sitting on there couch swinging the controller back and forth. This does not show in any way, shape or form how the controller will respond to movements since you cant see any gameplay footage.) Now if this motion controller is only an add-on that I could choose to use then thats fine, but I don't think I would want to be forced to use it all the time. I'm also interested to see what type of media functions, if any, nintendo will include in their console. I believe they did announce that it would be able to play DVDs this time.

But anyways I'm sure a lot of my concerns will be addressed at this years E3. Hopefully, the revolution won't disappoint.

incognegro

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2006, 09:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(ikecomp @ Apr 5 2006, 03:17 PM) View Post

It seems like everybody is so quick to talk about how Nintendo is so revolutionary and how nintendo is about the games not the console. I'm sorry but endless supplies of mario sequels just isn't fun for everyone. Not to say that nintendo doesn't offer other games but I just get tired of seeing the mario characters in 50% of all there games. Also, everyones talking about how cool the controller is going to be but I haven't actually seen how this will work (Please don't give me a link to the video with the people sitting on there couch swinging the controller back and forth. This does not show in any way, shape or form how the controller will respond to movements since you cant see any gameplay footage.) Now if this motion controller is only an add-on that I could choose to use then thats fine, but I don't think I would want to be forced to use it all the time. I'm also interested to see what type of media functions, if any, nintendo will include in their console. I believe they did announce that it would be able to play DVDs this time.

But anyways I'm sure a lot of my concerns will be addressed at this years E3. Hopefully, the revolution won't disappoint.

Finally some sense to stop the madness. Nintendo is about profit, make no mistake about it. Theyre gonna keep  making mario/zelda/metroid sequels on underporwered hardware until it stop making them profit. The same shit over an over again. in fact, so far the big launch title has ben said to be smash bros........lol........how revolutionary. Expect the rev to be nothing but a gamecube and a fancy controller.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2006, 11:07:00 AM »

QUOTE(Gbeav @ Apr 4 2006, 09:19 PM) View Post

You don't need cutting edge gfx to have a good game.

the mere prevelance of emulators is proof of that, and the fact that being able to downlaod older games is a selling point for revolution

i think revolution will do alright, when 360 and ps3 are still 300-400 dollars revolution will probably debut at 200 or even less (much liek gamecube did)

CAjr45

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2006, 04:52:00 PM »

thats true. revolution isnt going to sell higher then 250$ IMHO

now a revolution is a quick way for 8-14 yr olds to have fun in groups and parties.

and no they dont have alot of original games but you could notice how everytime a sequel or a character is used more then once. it sales out huge over the world. why would nintendo wanna stop doing that. its their way of life and MS and Sony's a redifferent (and honestly your saying people are tired of sequels of the same character , i admit mario and Metroid are over did a lil. but think about it, we all are HYPED over halo 3 , a sequel , for ps3, MGS4, a sequel. and doa4, a sequel)

So why stop a good thing???

grindar

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2006, 05:44:00 AM »

hey, Cajr45, yes we're excited over halo 3, whereas gamefaqs had 10 responses for metroid, 26 zeldas, and 49 Marios. Now I'm perfectly aware of how many of those are different titles in Japan and rereleases for every console Nintendo ever did, but good grief man. 49. I think we're perfectly justified in being a little sick of that italian twerp. Nothing against nintendo, but for the revolution, how about some revolutionary new characters? And I don't just mean another 100 pokemon. I was a nintendo fanboy for a long time, and then I looked at it and said, "Why the hell am I backing this thing?". I then got a PSOne which I still use to this day, along with my xbox. And why did I go to these other consoles instead of the Gamecube? Because the Gamecube clearly isn't designed for somebody who can pour hours into a final fantasy (don't point out crystal chronicles, that was a blasphemy). And yes I realize 12 is highly anticipated, but I stopped buying them after 9, and that's because 9 was an amalgam of all that was great about final fantasy. I'm all for revolutionary gameplay, as I'm the one of like 6 in my dorm that grew up on an Atari and still won't complain about joystick sensitivity. I have a friend who thinks the Playstation is crap simply because of the joystick placement on a dual shock controller. Something about an xbox's being a more natural movement (fanboy). To wrap up: If I just see gamecube games adapted to the new controller and given shinier graphics I may just write a letter (better worded and thought out) along these lines to Satoru Iwata himself, along with whatever other executives I can dig up names for.

P.S. I know this is asking to be flamed, but please don't.

grindar

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2006, 01:29:00 PM »

You know, I'm actually a little surprised no one has taken a stab at my comments yet, despite 60+ views...

atomiX

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2006, 10:04:00 PM »

If you insist... biggrin.gif
The reason the big N is staying with Mario is because it works well for them. I'd like new things for sure in terms of exclusive franchises but why fix something that ain't broke (mario, zelda metroid, ...).

Who says Mario games aren't still fun?

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2006, 09:44:00 AM »

When are they gonna release a new
<--- RBI Basball?

Gruce

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2006, 05:48:00 AM »

Nah mate nah, nintendo do stick with the old but they also have new stuff, look at the gamecube you got shit like Animal Crossing and Viewtiful Joe. So you know, new stuff is still coming out.

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2006, 08:05:00 AM »

Viewtiful Joe was made by Capcom and is also on PS2.
Pages: 1 [2]