xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: This Has Got To Be A Joke!  (Read 537 times)

incognegro

• Archived User
This Has Got To Be A Joke!
« on: April 04, 2006, 07:39:00 PM »

Nintendo is retarded

Im trying to figure out if its an april fools joke......just doesnt make much sense.

Lizard King

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 08:04:00 PM »

It's been known for a while that the power of the Revolution was going to be more comparable to the original Xbox than to the PS3 or Xbox 360.

Next generations consoles don't have to be about the latest GPUs and fastest memory pipes  - but it can help.

I think most people are excited to see the things that Nintendo is going to di sifferently form Sony and MS. The talks about previous comapatability for older systems (even some not disc based), the wild controller, and just the overall level of fun with a Nintendo product are going to generate enough excitement. I think most gamers are going to have two systems, and I think that pairing may most often be the 360/Revolution or the PS3/Revolution.

I am very excited about the Revolution, and I certainly will get one.

DragoNs

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 08:07:00 PM »

i just think this system is gunna be good fun, im not looking for HD quality or anything, i just think the games that come out for nintendo systems are great.

trey85stang

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 08:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(Gbeav @ Apr 5 2006, 03:19 AM) View Post

You don't need cutting edge gfx to have a good game.

werd,  The revolution will be awesome.  Also $5 bucks says it doesnt have ANY of the problems that have plauged the 360 so far.

I hope it supports at minimum 480p and widescreen though... Id hate for it to be a 4:3 gaming machine sad.gif

VOlition

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 08:23:00 PM »

Why in the world does Nintendo think their new remote controller will do wonders for them, even if the hard ware isn't next gen at all.

C o s m o

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2006, 08:25:00 PM »

I used to think the Rev was going to be a joke.  But now that I've looked at some aspects of the console, I'll get one before I'd get a PS3.

I Moose I

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 08:29:00 PM »

I won't even consider getting one until they step up and get some real games out.

Sonicjam

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2006, 09:21:00 PM »

rev is next gen, think about it when the consoles lets you play games in cg some time in the future. why bother upgrading the graphic its looks realistic. the only difference it will have is processing power and ram. nintendo is just trying to keep the gaming business alive with something new. what nintnedo just did is new and looks fun.

ikecomp

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2006, 09:31:00 PM »

Being different and original is fine but I need to see something tangible before I even think about purchasing one. If its anything like the gamecube, count me out  sleeping.gif

*goes back to checking live marketplace for the TR: Legends demo*

incognegro

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2006, 09:33:00 PM »

Ill be honest with you, even before i read that article i wasnt impressed with the rev. I dont really get why ppl are so optimistic about it. Nintendo isnt doing anything special or revolutionary for that matter. Theyre doing what they do best (and have ALWAYS done), they are going way left field and grabbing a niche market. Its a strategy theyve been using since day one and it only works when they dont have any serious competition (the handheld market, the nes era). The whole "revolutionary controller" thing has been done before with the n64 with good results but the software just wasnt that great (nintendo was the only ones making good games). Thats another thing, nintendo doesnt do any thing to inspire third partys into thinking they can profit from their console simply because nintendo is just too humble for its own good. So the handling of the hardware is a bit half-assed in my opinion. Believe me, your going to get a everything you expect from a nintendo console : cheap hardware an great (but annoyingly rehashed) first party games that gets delayed every 5 mins with very little third party support. But just dont expect more.

Gbeav

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2006, 10:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(flashfreak @ Apr 4 2006, 08:49 PM) View Post

I'm completely with nintendo on this one! I would happily get a revolution if it had some good games (no idea whats coming yet). The controller is a great idea and them not trying to keep up this bullshit processing power fight is great, good on em!

Next generation I doubt we will see a power battle like the one we are witnessing this year. MS and Sony have created a battle that is not good for console gaming. Consoles are supposed to be a cheap alternative to PC gaming. Instead they said how powerfull the systems are going to be so everyone has such expectations of gfx quality that developers are probably pulling their hairs out trying to meet this standard.

The games get shorter, the amount of programming needed will explode over the years, and this will force some companies out of business and only the super deep pockets of major studios will survive. Development costs will cause companies to start charging $80 for games. Which brings me back to the kid who gets a system for xmas will be shoveling a lot of snow to be able to afford games.

Ive only had one nintendo system(n64)  but this one looks like it will be a cheap alternative for some old fun games. But I will only buy one if I can get a 3rd party etc controller, that swinging thing just isnt what I want.

VOlition

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2006, 10:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(flashfreak @ Apr 4 2006, 08:49 PM) View Post

I'm completely with nintendo on this one! I would happily get a revolution if it had some good games (no idea whats coming yet). The controller is a great idea and them not trying to keep up this bullshit processing power fight is great, good on em!

I don't fuckin care how powerful it is/isn't, its all about the games! Fuck those who think otherwise, im sure there are many people around who are on my side. Are the next consoles going to be even more powerful than this 'next-gen'? Its just not necessary, they are good enough already. They will hit a point where they can't get much better, and we're pretty much there.

"With great power, comes great responsibility". As someone said, the more crap u cram into a product, the more problems you will have. Nintendo are smart, and keep with what people want, the games!

Dude, what's your problem are you a nintendo spokesman or something. First off, just imagine the cramps you will get by using a tv-remote shaped controller. So many people think it's a leap for next-gen, but I think it's one step back.  You will soon get tired of waving the controler if your using a character in a sword game but we all have OUR opinions.

miggidy

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2006, 10:50:00 PM »

I'm calling that a BS April Fool's day joke.
The Rev specs leaked out a few months ago, and while they weren't as powerful as the X360, they were certainly more powerful than this.

Everything about that article screams BS....

In some ways the Revolution is more next gen than the PS3 and X360.
While those consoles offer next gen graphics, the Rev will offer next gen gameplay.
You cats keep comparing what you see, but I don't blame you.
It's only human nature to respond to our visual senses first.

I know the handheld market is a little bit different but it's still gaming.
The heavily underpowered DS is beating the ish out of the much more powerful PSP.
Perhaps the DS' unique gameply experience has something to do with it.

Personally, if all goes well I'll be buying a Revolution at launch.
Sorry Sony but I'll pass this time sleeping.gif

CAjr45

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2006, 10:56:00 PM »

i see where nintendo is coming from. unlike its competition.

nintendo will actually "revolutionize the gaming industry". not with ground breaking graphics.

MS and sony have been UPGRADING to the next generation of "making games look real. to be honest they've been doing the same thing with atari and intellevision (creating games that look better than each other but actually is played the same)

Really nintendo brings a BRAND NEW style of gaming and entertainment like they did with the DS.

its one thing to create an awesome game. but its more than a million to create a entirely new style of gameplay in the console

Nintendo deserves Major kudos for the revolution

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2006, 05:31:00 AM »

moving....
Pages: [1] 2