xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Just Got A Psp Again (originally Had 1.50), Have A Few Questions  (Read 73 times)

AG Wolf

• Archived User
Just Got A Psp Again (originally Had 1.50), Have A Few Questions
« on: February 05, 2008, 12:34:00 PM »

First and foremost, the only reason I rebought the PSP was because it had video output, but I didn't do my prior research and realise it only outputs in progressive mode... I Don't have any hardware which can display a progressive signal, so short of spending MORE money on a VGA converter or something, I wanted to ask a few things here...

1) I have System software 3.72, do I need to have another pre-modded PSP to enable me to play homebrew, or are there software utilities out there which will let me jump right into it?

2) Will most homebrew display an interlaced signal on video-output without issue?

3) What is "CFW"?  is that  "Cracked Firmware" or something?

4) are there utilities to enable interlaced display while playing regular PSP games, so that I can output to TV?

I just want to be able to play Wipeout on a big screen... I bought Pure BEFORE the PSP was initially released, and then got a PSP on launch, but had to sell it for car insurance soon after.  I was doing the homebrew stuff and everything back then, but once I sold it I fell out of the loop.  I've got a 4gb memory stick coming to me soon, and the NEXT wipeout is coming out soon, so I want to really have some fun with this, but if I have to sit hunched over and cramp up my hands trying to play and stare down at the screen, I'm just gonna sell it all over again and buy a Wii so I can get the new Smash Brothers.

This is absurd, I understand the need for progressive because that's the way the LCD works, but I just wish some games weren't handheld-exclusive.  I don't play Games on the Go ™, I've barely ever even taken any of my handheld consoles out of the house.  I'd have bought a PS3 if I could play PSP games on it, honestly.