xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Psp Or Ds?  (Read 187 times)

1337 pig

• Archived User
Psp Or Ds?
« on: September 22, 2006, 01:40:00 PM »

Which one is better? i might buy one in a couple weeks and i dont know anything about them really, so i'd appreciate your advice.

cr4ck3rj4ck

• Archived User
Psp Or Ds?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 01:47:00 PM »

Personally, I prefer the reliability of solid-state media which the DS uses (no moving parts).

The DS Lite is a durable little handheld with a quality build and quality games available for it...and it's cheaper!

DS Lite all the way!

grim_d

• Archived User
Psp Or Ds?
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 01:49:00 PM »

out of every psp game ive played the ONLy one i liked was lumines.

i recently got a DS and i LOVE IT, the touch screen bring a whole new experience to handheld gaming, sony was just trying to make a small powrhouse and in my opinion they havnt done very well, some of the features are cool but at the end of the day i want to play games when im out and about not watch a movie laugh.gif

1337 pig

• Archived User
Psp Or Ds?
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 02:08:00 PM »

So theres no homebrew stuff for ds? like i cant mod it or anything?

throwingks

• Archived User
Psp Or Ds?
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2006, 06:14:00 AM »

DS has a lot of homebrew, even a remote control for Xbox Media Center. Personally, I like the DS cause it's games are more fun to play. And, with a little extra hardware it can play mp3's and movies as well.

1337 pig

• Archived User
Psp Or Ds?
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006, 06:39:00 PM »

alright just gt me self a ds. not a lite, but it was a hell of a deal and saved a lot of money. got it for $50 from a friend, with 2 games(some wario game and some medtriod game), case and charge thing.

throwingks

• Archived User
Psp Or Ds?
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2006, 08:15:00 PM »

Both games are pretty good, and that is a great deal. Nice work. IPB Image

Makeshift420

• Archived User
Psp Or Ds?
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2006, 10:35:00 PM »

damn i would've still gotten a ds lite if i were you man, why not trade your phat one in and pay the bit extra to get an entirely different system.

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
Psp Or Ds?
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2006, 07:41:00 PM »

psp, only because i have almost all my favorite genesis, snes, nes, gba games on it.

as for actual retail game quality... def jam, gta, lumines, there are some good ones for psp.

and for who said

"The DS Lite is a durable little handheld with a quality build and quality games available for it...and it's cheaper!"

i have to say, there was a pretty decent amount of lites that had that bad shoulder area that cracked under normal use, it happened to a friend of mine.

i love them both, but only own a psp, have to use my nieces DS for wario... which is fecking sweet.

YUNG ERIC

• Archived User
Psp Or Ds?
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2006, 07:58:00 PM »

It definatly seems that the DS had better games but if you do go with the PSP for its homebrew abilities then go with a used on or read up on how to get one that is downgadeable (sp?) definatly read about it before you go out and get it.

and ILLusions0fGrander I noticed you don't have your PSP in your Sig

bigjimmy

• Archived User
Psp Or Ds?
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2006, 01:37:00 PM »

The DS lite is the best. The PSP is a hunk of crap (Like most sony products) I have owned both, but i admit the PSP has the edge with the homebrew apps you can run on it.

Stings

• Archived User
Psp Or Ds?
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2006, 05:00:00 PM »

I say the psp for sure. i have mine hacked and have all the games. i have 2 2 gig sticks and always have 5 to 7 games on hand to play at any time.

throwingks

• Archived User
Psp Or Ds?
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2006, 05:32:00 PM »

Everyone that voted for the DS or that wants a little more info on the DS, click the link in my sig and leave some feedback so we can get a centralized DS/GBA sub-section.

Lots of new stuff right now.
DS-Xtreme has come out, 1st party MP3 player coming out. Nice amount of homebrew. Post in the link in my sig!!!

jon_jon

• Archived User
Psp Or Ds?
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2006, 11:45:00 AM »

It seems the poll results are neck-to-neck.  Although I own both, I rarely play the PSP.  I occassionally use it to watch movies.  The NDS has more interesting games.  The PSP games are mainly ports from other platforms.

throwingks

• Archived User
Psp Or Ds?
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2006, 09:16:00 PM »

Neck and neck because this is the PSP section. It is a little biased.
Pages: [1] 2