xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Need Help With Homebrew Adapter  (Read 71 times)

aepuppetmaster

• Archived User
Need Help With Homebrew Adapter
« on: October 17, 2005, 08:52:00 PM »

i want to make myself an adapter that lets me use a normal microdrive with the psp
(simmilar to the thing thats coming from datel but a lot cheaper).  i need someone knowledgeable to tell me if this will work.  if u have a compact flash to usb adapter, conect it to a memorystick pro duo adapter with a usb cable and then make myself a conecter to the psp with an old memory stick pro duo and a solder gun (lol) will it work
or do i need to have a usb host and things like that.  i really wish i could, and i came to the xbox scene forums cuz im a member and the ppl on pspupdates forums are well...in a word...retarded.  thanks

bruteostrich

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 09:49:00 PM »

I'll say no, it won't work, simply because the right power needs to be present for the usb, and since you aren't connecting it to any usb controller, it won't work.  Now it might be possible with some sort of microcontroller, but I don't know what power voltage ms duo gives out.

aepuppetmaster

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 04:03:00 PM »

does anyone else know anything about this

Psykomantis00

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 04:55:00 PM »

You could run it off of a battery. Just add a battery, 1.5 might work, just do some research on the micro drive, and on USB technology and find out how much power is outputted by a normal usb port on a pc for your mictodrive.

blagmaster

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2005, 09:15:00 AM »

5 volt