xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Onlive? Thoughts?  (Read 297 times)

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Onlive? Thoughts?
« on: July 04, 2010, 06:59:00 PM »

Started up try the OnLive game service today.  I wasn't expecting it to work at all.  

It works though.  Couldn't believe it.  The games defiantly do not have the sharpness of something being played on a console or PC.  The thing that surprised me was the responsiveness of the controls.  It is a little choppy when doing a 180 in an FPS, and i really didn't see to many compression blocks.  That said, it does look washed out and compressed.  If it is meant to be for people that don't have or want to buy a fast processor or PC, or console then they must be willing to sacrifice the image quality - in that sense it seems to work fine.  From a A/V freak it gets a big Meh.  

It does give you 30 minutes to Demo each game which is a plus.  You can also rent the games, or buy them full.

The role I see it giving an A/V freak/Hardcore gamer is maybe renting a game on the road if you are travelling and don't have your gaming rigs with ya.

/I sucks at review.

throwingks

• Archived User
Onlive? Thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 11:54:00 AM »

Why don't you post your speedtest.net results? Surely that matters.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Onlive? Thoughts?
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 02:39:00 PM »

Here's mah speed.  

It's a good service, image quality is just not comparable to a high end video card or uncompressed video from a console.

IPB Image