xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: New Computer  (Read 353 times)

1InuYasha

• Archived User
New Computer
« on: June 14, 2010, 12:22:00 PM »

my current setup is-
CPU :E8400-3.0GHZ
Motherboard :Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H
GPU :Onboard 9400
Monitor ell 19inch 1280x1024-75 Hertz
with this setup it seems to handle alot of things well but a game here an there needs 1 or 2 frameskips.Had this setup a little over a year now but now iam moving soon and want
to build a all in one family entertainment.HELP PLEASE

Now heres the thing,God has bless me bigtime but i still dont spend money just on
anything and i want something fast thats going to handle family games like all mario games
as well as other 4 player games an i know the setup i have now handles most of them
well but my monitor is going to change and i want to use graphic enhacement without
heavy slowdowns.
This is the monitor,,[http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/tv-video/televisions/plasma-tv/PN63C8000YFXZA/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail&tab=features]if someone can find something better than that please fill me in.
This is the motherboard,,[http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5648696&CatId=4068]
This is the CPU,,Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366] I thought about getting the extreme but i dont play game much as well as watch tv an i dont do much on the computer like encoding,,but i just want something build for family gathering that the games when played it will be fast on a large tv with graphic enhancement.I dont want to overclock but this setup will be use for family movies (mostly 3d)an for mainly dolphin.i have burnout for pc but i dont play pc games often but i do love burnout paradise an i want to set it on high settings.
This is the GPU,,[]EVGA 015-P3-1482-AR GeForce GTX 480 (Fermi) SuperClocked Video Card - 1536MB. Alot of comments on newegg stated its loud.Now i would think you can expect that being the outcome but if someone can help me in finding a GPU that will handle the experience i'am looking forward to have without alot of  noise that will be great.If more than 1 GPU can reduce noise i will take that approach even if selecting a different GPU.If any of you think these selected products are not needed because i wont be using most of its features Please say so and give me what you think is best.
Regardless of being bless,i refuse to spend on un-needed things.
Also can someone help me with the fastest ram for the board.Someone helped me with
my first computer so picking the RAM was easy.
This is my case for my first computer,,[http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811144151]
But i will go with this for the new computer,,[http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811144152]

THANKS TO ALL. i dont know if you guys are against talking about Dolphin Emu.If so sorry.

1InuYasha

• Archived User
New Computer
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 09:16:00 AM »

i realise that the fan on GPU's are for cooling down in which i know, but i thought about it yesterday and said to myself, i will buy a portable small Air Condition an have it place up to the computer while the computer is closed off,only allowing the (A C) and the (P C) to friend each other.
By doing this the GPU fan settings can remain on low giving you mega performance with very low noise(might be none).  So in time of moving to my place,i will purchase everything stated.

Someone can help me in finding the right RAM for the motherboard..Please

hamwbone

• Recovered User
New Computer
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 09:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(1InuYasha @ Jun 29 2010, 10:16 AM) View Post

i realise that the fan on GPU's are for cooling down in which i know, but i thought about it yesterday and said to myself, i will buy a portable small Air Condition an have it place up to the computer while the computer is closed off,only allowing the (A C) and the (P C) to friend each other.
By doing this the GPU fan settings can remain on low giving you mega performance with very low noise(might be none).  So in time of moving to my place,i will purchase everything stated.

Someone can help me in finding the right RAM for the motherboard..Please

so you are saying a CUP fan on high is louder then a portable AC unit? Hahaha

really... don't

1InuYasha

• Archived User
New Computer
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 10:35:00 AM »

i dont know what you mean by cup fan,,but i have (A C's) in my current house and they give good performance at the same time you wont even notice there on,only by the cooling..For me i dont like the heat so cooling is a must.
You just have to buy a good Ac Unit..When the unit is on in my room the temps for my current system through everest would read low,so if i close off the Pc with the Ac cooling it,the temp will get lower.Our i could just use my household Ac without buying a small portable ac.Like i stateded,i dont like the heat so Ac is a must.

ohh- Gpu fan=Cup Fan

This post has been edited by 1InuYasha: Jun 29 2010, 05:35 PM

1InuYasha

• Archived User
New Computer
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 02:08:00 PM »

Can someone help me please...

MOBO--Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R
CPU--Core i7 960-(3.20GHz)
RAM--Corsair Core i7 Dominator 6GB PC12800 DDR3 RAM - Tri Channel, 1600MHz
GPU--EVGA 015-P3-1482-AR GeForce GTX 480(Fermi)SuperClocked Video Card-1536MB
PSU--Apevia ATX-WA1100W Warlock 1100-Watt
--------------
1.Will all of this work together like a team?Is that the correct RAM?
2.Will the GPU fit inside the case?

CASE--http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4540656&Sku=A406-1117

RAM INFO--http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4307847&csid=_21

Blu-ray drive--http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5023038&csid=_21
Anyone know of it? Will it read 3d movies?

Display--http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/tv-video/televisions/plasma-tv/PN63C8000YFXZA/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail&tab=features

nvidia says 120 hertz on their website but will 3d glasses still work with everything?
any 3d glasses,,samsung or nvidia.

1InuYasha

• Archived User
New Computer
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 04:56:00 PM »

thinking------------
maybe people won't help you in forums,when you mention God....It's funny really.
if you would only know my background an where i am now an were i am going in the future
an it is 100% because of my God...i will not have anyone thinking i have wealth because
of my own doing...I have great wealth through God only...i can even say i have more money that bill gates or anyone claiming to have large of money...
When you have God its
not just money but every great thing he promises you as a servant to God...Even the house(i did not paid for)...But hey don't feel bad because other forums reject helping me
once i mention God...You would help in the early stage but when i mention God.SILENTS

hamwbone

• Recovered User
New Computer
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2020, 06:15:00 PM »

God has nothing to do with it.  People might not understand you because you are speaking gibberish.

all those parts should be fine, 3d bluray on the is limited by a lot of things- read up here http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/blu-ra...eater,2636.html

You just listed about the most powerful and expensive parts this side of the sun.  I am not sure what issues you think you are going to to have.  You don't want to waste money but are building this?  Get your priorities straight.  Wanna play not waste money?  Buy a Wii to play Mario.

This post has been edited by hamwbone: Yesterday, 02:29 AM

1InuYasha

• Archived User
New Computer
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2020, 08:43:00 PM »

God has ---
i am assuming you meant me not getting a response has nothing to do with me mentioning God...
If you are,then i am sorry for overreacting...

You just listed about the most powerful and expensive parts this side of the sun. I am not sure what issues you think you are going to to have.
---
I picked out parts for building a computer.i asked for help building my first computer almost 2 years in passing, i would think i still need some help for another build.
problems can be from-unsupported parts,certain settings need to be adjusted in bios,or updates an so on.

Don't want to waste money--
meaning what i have selected was the right products for my needs or am i going a bit overboard,that's why
i was open to what others may suggest for me.(My Needs)

I did not see a proper response in helping me so i went to another forum.
I did post lower products.example i7-930 ) but i started reading comments on 3d-gaming an scared that my products will not be enough therefore i decided to just go with high products.If others would say the products
i have selected is not needed,that i could go lower then i would have but i did not get help on this matter..

I have read comments about wii not looking good on hdtv's.i dont play gamecube anymore but the house i am staying in,i tested the gamecube on a 30+ hdtv an it was awful so i would assume the wii will be the same.So i am relying on the pc to be well enough to handle gamecube an wii game on my selected display.

i am sorry for any problems or not being clear on things...may the mod delete my other post...please do.

This post has been edited by 1InuYasha: Yesterday, 04:45 AM