xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: New Ferrari Simulator Makes Its Debut  (Read 160 times)

bucko

• Recovered User
New Ferrari Simulator Makes Its Debut
« on: December 22, 2009, 12:26:00 PM »

http://www.ferrari.c...22_F1_news.aspx

The platform weighs around two tonnes and is fitted with electronically controlled actuators that way around half a tonne each. The whole structure is fitted on a specially designed and built base, weighing two hundred tons. The whole is controlled by ten multiprocessor calculators with a total memory of over 60 GB of RAM: the amount of data that can be produced is around 5GB per day. It features a Dolby Surround 7.1 sound system, putting out 3500 W. The installation required over ten kilometres of cabling and power output is around 130 kW. The simulator is housed in a building measuring around 180 square metres, on two floors, which includes the control room. The platform covers a surface area of around eight metres wide by the same length and is six metres high. The driver is installed in front of five displays, which give a total viewing angle in excess of 180°.

*Drools*

My Rfactor, G25, F1 RFT 2009 and 5.1 surround still good to me though I would die for a go in that simulator. Apparently the McLaren simulator in Woking is pretty incredible to.