xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Pci Covers  (Read 189 times)

Guitarfreak

• Archived User
Pci Covers
« on: November 11, 2009, 08:52:00 AM »

Hey Guys

First time ive opened the case on my Mesh desktop computer, its evidently a cheap case because instead of screws on the pci covers ive got these weird clip things.. How am i meant to remove these covers? Sorry for picture quality not being great but it was took on phone..

Thanks in advance guys, need them out to install a via 4621

(IMG:http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/7291/photo042.jpg)

(IMG:http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/6082/photo043b.jpg)

They obviously dont break off cus there still there on the used slots from what i can see...

pattythefatty

• Archived User
Pci Covers
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 10:35:00 AM »

well it is very difficult to see clearly, but if what I am seeing is correct, go to the far left end of the PCI Bay (meaning if you are looking at the back of the case with the front pointing away from you.)  its the end closest to the video card slot.  that metal strip on top of the PCI covers, should wrap down around the corner about a half inch or so.  That wrap around "tab" probably just clips in place, try to pry that out, away and up, and the whole metal strip should lift up letting you have access to the PCI covers.  You would reverse the procedure after installing your cards.
-PTF

Guitarfreak

• Archived User
Pci Covers
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 11:34:00 AM »

Yeah at the back of the case theres like a tab clip. seems very firm though but where the video card goes in there isnt a clip at the back so i dunno if that comes out or.. ill have to have a look but dont wanna damage anything..

silly mesh computers lol

Exobex

• Archived User
Pci Covers
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 03:16:00 PM »

Once you've sliced your fingers you'll probably find it comes off easily enough  tongue.gif