xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: 'Wii is as powerful as original Xbox' says FIFA producer  (Read 375 times)

eatshitanddie

• Archived User
'Wii is as powerful as original Xbox' says FIFA producer
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2007, 11:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(Tha @ Jun 14 2007, 01:14 PM) View Post

Lets make a wii emulator for the xbox 1  jester.gif

Now that is an idea.

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2007, 06:18:00 AM »

Antinous-ODYA,
A real gamer plays games they enjoy, regardless of graphics. By working in a game store, you seem to have lost your subjectivity.

Every console can be fun. It is not subjective. Every console has their fun aspect. Judging by numbers alone, the majority of people feel they have had or will have more fun per dollar with a Wii.

Judging by your rant, you enjoy solely FPSs. Based on that assumption, the Wii is not right for you until FPSs that have been designed for the Wii from the ground up have been released. They are coming soon. Metroid, RE-UC, etc.

MOST real gamers don't bank on 1 genre or graphics to fulfill their needs. I.E. not you.

edude03

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2007, 09:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(Antinous-ODY @ Jun 14 2007, 09:58 PM) View Post

EDIT: the reason I was originally posting was to point out what others had in a way already pointed out but perhaps with my own twist: If you're going to compare consoles, you should probably not call them the same if one has a significant graphical advantage... after all, graphics, believe it or not, are pretty important to some people (read: most real gamers) Especially if you're talking about power... Saying it's as powerful as an Xbox just not in terms of graphics power is ridiculous.

</rant>

A friggin' men. We [pc gamers] don't SLi just to be cool. The reason we have console wars is that we want to see what system has better graphics. Other than that, all systems are the same. PS3 vs Xbox 360, almost all games are made for both system, they both have similar controllers so what sets them apart? Graphics.

Now, I'm not saying that graphics are what make a game fun however, considering that all big games are for all platforms real gamers will pick whichever console looks the best. People aren't going to buy wii and say oh need for speed prostreet will be more fun because it has worse graphics. games are fun because of the way they are made.

And besides, I'd rather play gamecube than wii, its cheaper, the controllers are better and the graphics (at best) are the same and yes I have wii and 360

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2007, 09:15:00 AM »

QUOTE(asspants @ Jun 14 2007, 07:59 PM) View Post

wrong, I have a wii. it is a gimmick.

Ditto.  Anyone want to buy a used Wii?

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2007, 05:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(prestige @ Jun 15 2007, 11:58 AM) View Post

I've said it before and I will say it again.  If you want to play yet another run and shoot game, the 360 is totally your bag.  If you are tired of playing soldier and looking for a new style of game try the Wii.  I bought mine for the sole purpose of playing Zelda: TP but have been delighted with other releases (Elebits, Superpaper Mario).  In the six months or so that I've had the Wii I've easily clocked 100 times as many hours as I have on my year and a half old 360.  

If we are going to compare the Wii to the XBox, I would think it fair to say the Wii is like the XBox when the XBox was still cool -- around the time of the Halo 2 release.  When there were a *good* selection of single player games like Voodoo Vince, Beyond Good and Evil, and Psychonauts to compliment the 'play soldier' games.  

-p

I'm right there with you and am downright sick of shooters, but at the same time I don't want to play last gen games.  I want all those games you listed, but I want them to look current.  It's hard for me to enjoy myself playing the Wii when I know what kind of experience I could be having on my 360.

and +1 on the psyschonauts namedrop.   Best game in recent years IMO.

Shinkinrui

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2007, 12:57:00 AM »

QUOTE(lowendfrequency @ Jun 15 2007, 09:51 AM) View Post

Ditto.  Anyone want to buy a used Wii?

If you dislike it that much, how much are you willing to let it go for? tongue.gif

patchesreusch

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2007, 01:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(edude03 @ Jun 15 2007, 10:45 AM) View Post

And besides, I'd rather play gamecube than wii, its cheaper, the controllers are better and the graphics (at best) are the same and yes I have wii and 360

not true have you played resident evil 4 for game cube game cube has way better graphics

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2007, 08:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(patchesreusch @ Jun 16 2007, 03:47 AM) View Post

not true have you played resident evil 4 for game cube game cube has way better graphics

They are the exact same graphics. Literally. The same graphics are used for both versions, the only difference is the control scheme. The Wii version is an exact copy of the Gamecube version with PS2 elements added. On purpose. That is why it is so inexpensive.

Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles is a more fair comparison at comparing the graphic capabilities of the Wii. Comparing a Gamecube game on the Wii to a Gamecube game on the Gamecube is redundant. Of course it will be the same.

from here:
http://media.wii.ign...187/vids_1.html

xboxmods2977

• Recovered User
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2007, 04:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(stupid2ass @ Jun 14 2007, 10:57 PM) View Post

He's dead wrong on this.  
Due to time and scheduling, EA hasn't done anything special with the Wii GPU outside of the Gamecube related functions.  They pretty much got 3rd and 4th string programmers working on their Wii projects and all the serious talent on the 360/PS3.  
Wii > Xbox 1 (though not by much).  The CPU+Memory bandwidth/architecture absolutely goes to the Wii.  Xbox's GPU is superior though but as many have posted here, the TEV will allow you to do your nvidia shader operations in a different way.   This is a byproduct of Nintendo insisting on full Gamecube compat.  (and lower costs).  
But Wii owners aren't too troubled by the simplistic graphics anyways.  But for me, I have to downgrade my expectations when playing the Wii then let the fun take over smile.gif

Guys, Guys, Guys! We seem to be forgetting an important technological advance that the wii posesses over the xbox. Nintendo managed to cram most of same (Some Better, Some Worse) technology from the xbox
into a much smaller enclosure.

CarCrashClutter

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2007, 09:06:00 PM »

I'd believe that if it came from someone who didn't specialize in developing the same engine to run on multiple, differing platforms, especially one from Electronic Arts of all companies.

I'm fairly positive the Flipper in Gamecube was able to produce shaders.  A quick Google search should be sufficient to prove the Wii sure as hell can do it.  More bullshit trash-talk from a development team that's probably as familiar with the unique capabilities of all three platforms as they are with producing original content as far as I'm concerned.  

For all of you who really buy what this guy says, you should know better.  With all the crazy crap this community has been able to get out of the XBOX, you should have more respect for game consoles and realize that there's ALWAYS a lot more to a story than what John Q. Developer at Unaffiliated Third Party Studios has to say.

EDIT:  On a side note, this reminds me of the schmucks who claimed that the Gamecube was incapable of producing bump-mapping of all things.  The shit you let these people feed you lol
Pages: 1 2 [3]