xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: 'Wii is as powerful as original Xbox' says FIFA producer  (Read 376 times)

picopir8

• Archived User
'Wii is as powerful as original Xbox' says FIFA producer
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2007, 11:15:00 AM »

Square CEO outranks EA game producer!

Why do people here criticize the Wii so much?  If you were real gamers you would play games on all consoles.

I dont think its news that the wii is not as powerful as the other consoles.  But that does not detract from the fun, which is why it continues to sell so well.  I liken the wii to a go-cart.  It may not be as pretty or powerful as its counterparts but its a lot more fun to take it for a spin.

pirichios

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2007, 11:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(picopir8 @ Jun 14 2007, 07:51 PM) View Post

Square CEO outranks EA game producer!

Why do people here criticize the Wii so much?  If you were real gamers you would play games on all consoles.

I dont think its news that the wii is not as powerful as the other consoles.  But that does not detract from the fun, which is why it continues to sell so well.  I liken the wii to a go-cart.  It may not be as pretty or powerful as its counterparts but its a lot more fun to take it for a spin.

i really dont care what devs say. He is probably right on the hardware statement, but the wii is still fun. The wii is not even competing with the 360 or ps3, they are going their own path in order to make better sales for their console. Still this news only makes me respect my xbox 1 even more ( goes to turn xbmc on  tongue.gif  )

witfill

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2007, 12:51:00 PM »

feflicker's the kind of moron who buys Madden year after year.  <insert 3 page gimmic topic here>

1nsan3

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2007, 12:57:00 PM »

Im wondering, why Wii is still with there nintendo type graphics, are they still "family" oriented or what. or trying to aim at mainly kids.

and also there just is NO comparing any game system to the wii, if the wii cant even come close to graphics , then theres no point comparing anything else.
the wii is a childs toy in my mind. they think hardcore gamers are going to LOVE the new toss around controller?

mlmadmax

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2007, 01:54:00 PM »

Yep the wii's graphics suck, and the whole fun factor argument only works for a while because the gimmic wears off quick.

Tommy Vercetti

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2007, 02:15:00 PM »

I love my Wii,  I haven't stopped playing wii sports,  wii play or paper mario.   I guess maybe you gotta like nintendo first and not be such a fan boy?  I dunno,  most if not all of us grew up with a NES so I dunno why there is all the down talk.  the wii is a good system,  the control aren't gimmicky,  i suppose people who have never used them would say that,  or havent played for hours on end.   I still play my xbox1 too,   I get alot of use out of both systems and it sure beats buying a 360 almost 2 years after its launch these things are still breaking in record numbers.  blink.gif

I think also Wii haters just don't have any friends.  The wii is def more fun with more players,  but i guess if you have no friends the xbox is your cup of tea, lol

bmurf

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2007, 04:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(stupid2ass @ Jun 14 2007, 04:57 PM) View Post

He's dead wrong on this.  
Due to time and scheduling, EA hasn't done anything special with the Wii GPU outside of the Gamecube related functions.  They pretty much got 3rd and 4th string programmers working on their Wii projects and all the serious talent on the 360/PS3.  
Wii > Xbox 1 (though not by much).  The CPU+Memory bandwidth/architecture absolutely goes to the Wii.  Xbox's GPU is superior though but as many have posted here, the TEV will allow you to do your nvidia shader operations in a different way.   This is a byproduct of Nintendo insisting on full Gamecube compat.  (and lower costs).  
But Wii owners aren't too troubled by the simplistic graphics anyways.  But for me, I have to downgrade my expectations when playing the Wii then let the fun take over smile.gif

Unfortunately Fifa Soccer 08 is not coming out for Xbox1, so we cannot truley compare.  But I am pretty sure that the 07 version for Xbox will look better than the Wii 08 version.  Why?  720p.  No HD support is Wii-k.  I seen Marvel Ulitimate Alliance played on both a Wii and an Xbox 1, both with component cables.  Xbox looked better, more crisp.

jeff10

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2007, 04:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(Tha @ Jun 14 2007, 12:14 PM) View Post

Lets make a wii emulator for the xbox 1  jester.gif

that would be the funny

lol, its like the wii is a powerful as the xbox , but not really,
 laugh.gif

asspants

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2007, 05:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(Tommy Vercetti @ Jun 14 2007, 03:51 PM) View Post

the control aren't gimmicky,  i suppose people who have never used them would say that,  or havent played for hours on end.

wrong, I have a wii. it is a gimmick.

tgm4883

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2007, 05:27:00 PM »

Oh Nintendo is so smart.  They went a whole different direction.  They let Sony and Microsoft battle it out with next gen hardware, and they quietly monopolize the retro-gen market

Corvillus

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2007, 05:31:00 PM »

I'm of the same opinion as a lot of the people here. Gimmick or not, the Wii is supposed to be completely different than the 360 or the PS3, and has different goals (and I might add, it's working pretty damn well for them...the console is cheaper, it appeals to a broader audience, and it is profitable on it's own). Comparing it to anything right now is just missing the point entirely, especially when it comes to graphics, since that's not really a goal of the console.

Altima NEO

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2007, 05:36:00 PM »

Really, its the shaders that set the Xbox apart. You coulndt do games like Halo, Doom 3 or Riddick without them. I mean look how bad FarCry came out for the Wii because it didnt have that power available to it.

So I feel the Wii is less powerful than the Xbox for these capabilities alone (even if the rest of the hardware matches up in terms of performance).

And its easy to say the Wii is fun, and blah blah. But you should speak for yourself. Theres people like me who dont care for the Wii. Its Ok for a while, but the limited library really gets you after a while. And Sports gets really boring even after a half hour of play.

baghnah

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2007, 06:02:00 PM »

haha xbox is already emulated on pc... here comes a wii emulator, the sad thing is the wii is worse than the original xbox, and that was last gen.

capboy210

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2007, 06:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(baghnah @ Jun 14 2007, 07:38 PM) View Post

haha xbox is already emulated on pc...

Not that I know of, unless it's new......

Antinous-ODY

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2007, 07:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(eenu @ Jun 14 2007, 02:44 PM) View Post

I love it...because it's just plain fun. I think the Wii is something that people get in addition to a 360 or a PS3. That's why it's selling so well. Also, did I mention that it's fun?

QUOTE(Tommy Vercetti @ Jun 14 2007, 03:51 PM) View Post

I love my Wii,  I haven't stopped playing wii sports,  wii play or paper mario.   I guess maybe you gotta like nintendo first and not be such a fan boy?  I dunno,  most if not all of us grew up with a NES so I dunno why there is all the down talk.  the wii is a good system,  the control aren't gimmicky,  i suppose people who have never used them would say that,  or havent played for hours on end.   I still play my xbox1 too,   I get alot of use out of both systems and it sure beats buying a 360 almost 2 years after its launch these things are still breaking in record numbers.  blink.gif

I think also Wii haters just don't have any friends.  The wii is def more fun with more players,  but i guess if you have no friends the xbox is your cup of tea, lol

first of all, having more friends shouldn't keep you from having fun.. obviously the wii is a social platform.. but games should be just as fun to play by yourself, that way more people buy them...

Working at a video game store, I've tried to give the wii it's fair opportunity to impress me but I have not been so lucky. I do find the controls gimmicky but I also have an issue with their accuracy. The motion sensing is just shotty and inaccurate (trust me, it wasn't a battery issue.. I've tested quite a few different wii's before selling them.) Maybe I'm not used to them yet... No.

Don't start calling me a fanboy either, I bought a gamecube solely for the flagship games but I've tried the wii lineup and am unimpressed.

QUOTE(itsjustme @ Jun 14 2007, 07:08 PM) View Post

havent posted in here in years but i felt the need now.

wii is a fun console and deserves respect for being somewhat unique.

games are not just graphics, they are meant to be enjoyable and the wii is just that.

some of you sound like ignorant fanboys/graphics whores.

The problem with calling something a fun console is that it's too subjective. I personally don't find the wii fun at all. I find it to be an annoyance. I honestly would have more fun playing the games if the controls were more precise and maybe offered a little more control (read: add buttons that do normal functions.)

Maybe since I grew up primarily as a PC gamer, I tend to favor games that give me a lot of control options and I don't like being limited to 5 or 6 buttons... The motion control doesn't replace buttons, it replaces joysticks.. and I'll say it one more time, it does a poor job at it.

</rant>

EDIT: the reason I was originally posting was to point out what others had in a way already pointed out but perhaps with my own twist: If you're going to compare consoles, you should probably not call them the same if one has a significant graphical advantage... after all, graphics, believe it or not, are pretty important to some people (read: most real gamers) Especially if you're talking about power... Saying it's as powerful as an Xbox just not in terms of graphics power is ridiculous.

</rant>
Pages: 1 [2] 3