xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Recording Backed Up Dvd's  (Read 22 times)

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Recording Backed Up Dvd's
« on: February 19, 2004, 04:35:00 AM »

Well i seem to be having problems when i burn it as data mode in Veritas RecordNow, even though i can read it in my xbox, a lot of DVD players can't, so i  was wondering what the correct method is to burn it with this program?
BTW i looked on Doom9.org but they don't have a guide on the actual BURNING process
edit: ack never mind... u burn as 'VIDEO CD' instead of Data.. stupid me!Wasted 9 dvd-rs on thios

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2004, 03:45:00 AM »

QUOTE (Bungholer @ Feb 20 2004, 01:21 PM)
Just use Nero!

i do!
I changed to it Yday!

thomes08

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2004, 05:10:00 AM »

does nero just make a straight copy from dvd to dvd-r or do you have to rip the movie first?

edit:  i'm assuming you'd have to rip it first cause they're too big..... i've never succesfully made a backup of a movie, haven't tried too much but it's still pissing me off.  How do you guys rip it, and how do you knw what to rip there are usually like 4 files that are over a gig each and i know i can't pick all of em.  Can't wait till the dual layer burners come out and aren't too expensive!

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2004, 05:14:00 AM »

QUOTE (thomes08 @ Feb 20 2004, 03:10 PM)
does nero just make a straight copy from dvd to dvd-r or do you have to rip the movie first?

edit:  i'm assuming you'd have to rip it first cause they're too big..... i've never succesfully made a backup of a movie, haven't tried too much but it's still pissing me off.  How do you guys rip it, and how do you knw what to rip there are usually like 4 files that are over a gig each and i know i can't pick all of em.  Can't wait till the dual layer burners come out and aren't too expensive!

Download DVD Shrink.. search google. Then enable the burn mode in it at full speed. In 1 hour you will have a Great Quality backup with all menus and extras on a dvd-r!

thomes08

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2004, 07:17:00 AM »

yeah i tried DVDshrink........ get that it works really well for everything.  and if you have nero it will automatically use that to burn the disk is you so choose.  i've never made a successful backup until this program.
thomse08