xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Almost Dead Xbox  (Read 24 times)

jpickell

• Archived User
Almost Dead Xbox
« on: April 03, 2007, 11:57:00 AM »

Hi everyone,

first off, this is my first post but I've been helped by this forum so much in the past so thanks.

now, my problem is this: I have a xbox here that will start up with no video/sound. flashing green. at this point if i hit the eject button the pickup with track back and forth and the spindel motor will spin up and then turn off. however if I turn the xbox off and turn it back on by repeatedly mashing the eject button then the unit will recover and turn on with video/sound and will work normally.

so far I have elimitated the front control board as the problem as each switch is working correctly and Im getting my standard voltages across my control board connector. I have also traced my eject lead back to pin 5 on pic16lc63a ic which, I assume, controls the power on/off. I may replace this IC as Im stumped and have nothing else to do.

as far as version # im not sure how to tell, but this unit is the one with the samsung drive sdg-605 (hope that helps)

so... has anyone encountered this before and has been sucessful repairing it? or any ideas?

thanks in advance
jp