xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: What Mods Can I Do To An Old Gamceube>  (Read 362 times)

tech3475

• Archived User
What Mods Can I Do To An Old Gamceube>
« on: May 22, 2010, 03:57:00 AM »

I have an old Nintendo Wii lying around doing nothing since I can do stuff already on my Wii. So I was wondering what mods can I do to it since I was never interested in anything like this back then?

Its an early purple EU model with the digital output (it's at my grandparents right now so I can't be more specific).

I was thinking, is it possible to get a modchip from a reliable UK source (in which case, which one) or some other reliable softmod so I can have backups of my games kept for whenever I visit my grandparents?

I have an action replay max (with the basic card that doesn't store stuff), a normal MC and a hacked Wii. ]

Are there other good mods e.g. case mods as well, etc?

thank you, sorry for the relatively noob question, but I never paid attention back when it was popular

edit: the > is suppose to be a ?.

This post has been edited by tech3475: May 22 2010, 11:01 AM

57sav

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 08:58:00 PM »

Datel sells a product called SD Media launcher which you can use to boot your backups. It comes with a boot disc and SD memory card adapter that goes into the Gamecube's memory card slot 2.

Basically all you have to do is download a program called Gamecube OS and put it on the card. Boot the cube with the boot disc, load Gamecube OS from the SD card, and put your backup disc in. Whala, backup boots.

Sells for about $20 + shipping, only available on Datel's official site.

BuraddoX

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 09:38:00 PM »

Just want to know why did you say (What Mods Can I Do To An Old Gamceube) when your talking about a Wii ?