xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Saturn Swap Trick  (Read 245 times)

madjackal

• Archived User
Saturn Swap Trick
« on: September 06, 2009, 03:23:00 PM »

hey all,

i just dug my saturn out of the closet, and i've been trying to play backups using the swap method.  so far i haven't had any success but i'm not sure if it's because i'm burning the backups incorrectly or if i'm not performing the swap correctly.  my saturn plays originals just fine and its a model 1.  i'm using bins/cues with imgburn, and i've tried both 4x and 16x (for some reason my imgburn wont let me do lower than 4x) on verbatim cd-rs.  when i do the swap, the "licensed by sega" black screen comes up and either hangs there or crashes to black with the exception of mortal kombat II which goes through the games openning credits and then crashes to black.  if anyone has any suggestions that'd be great, any help would be appreciated.  should also mention my saturns Li+ battery is dead, don't know if that makes a difference (the set language/date/time thing comes up everytime you turn it on).

turk3y

• Archived User
Saturn Swap Trick
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 01:31:00 PM »

did you get this sussed?

is yours model 1 or 2 as the model 2 needs an additional swap to make it work, racketboy has a good post on it.