xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 3d0 Backup's, Cheap Brand?  (Read 153 times)

EverestX

• Archived User
3d0 Backup's, Cheap Brand?
« on: September 20, 2007, 07:40:00 AM »

What kind of 3d0 do you have?  the Goldstars are known to have problems with cheap media.  Your best bet is dark dye based media, however, i haven't burned a in so long I couldn't tell you what the best dark media would be.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 01:29:00 PM »

I use Ridata media for all my backups on every platform... and I put a bulk order in about once a year from http://meritline.com

I've never done 3D0 backups but I use these for Sega CD and Sega Saturn, PS1 and lots of other older/weaker laser consoles without problems.

EverestX

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 01:05:00 PM »

I forgot to mention something that might help you a good deal.  I have a goldstar 3d0, the most picky in terms of 3d0's.  In the event you have backed up your own game and it is not a raw iso dump, you will need to tell your cd burning program to finalize the disk so that it will burn the full cd, not just 50mb of one.  That should help you burn whatever iso, remember to burn them as slowly as you can bear.  I have tried DAO and TAO and TAO seems to have better compatibility.

BanditRW

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 02:03:00 PM »

I only use Ridata or Verbatim Cd's for my 3DO or any CD back-ups.I've had no problems with them so far.