xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 3d0 Backups  (Read 161 times)

EverestX

• Archived User
3d0 Backups
« on: September 22, 2005, 01:20:00 PM »

Name says it all.  My 3d0 has some games that have sseen a couple too many scratches I am geting worried that I may loose them anyday.  Anyone know of a good site that covers 3d0 backups? Or if there is anything special I ned for them?

deadpool66

• Archived User
3d0 Backups
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 01:22:00 PM »

the games have no copy right protection since they predate burners just copy the disc with nero or decrypter

EverestX

• Archived User
3d0 Backups
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 01:34:00 PM »

Yeah I was pretty sure it was going to be similar to sega cd, but I didn't really feel like burning a bunch of coasters. Thank you.  Also I cant find anywhere information on 3d0 region coding.  I'm starting to come to the assumption it is region free.  But I am not sure, ever had an out of region game to play in it

xbox_newbie

• Archived User
3d0 Backups
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2005, 02:31:00 PM »

omg i love the 3d0 lol just thought id tell you. My dad used to rent one from blockbuster every now and then when i was a young lad, and i remember the graphics being pretty good. None of my friends now have never even heard of them. anyone know why they never caught on?

Ed_209

• Archived User
3d0 Backups
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2005, 08:34:00 PM »

They didn't catch on because they cost 700 dollars at launch... and the (good) games retailed for 70 dollars for a good while on top of that. 3do eventually came down in price, started gaining more popularity with titles like Supter Street Fighter 2 Turbo, Return Fire etc...then they started promising an upgrade called the M2 accelerator that promised to have n64/ps1 quality graphics...but one of the idiots at panasonic decided to sell the technology off, cancelling the m2...then at around the same time the playstation was released...completely stomping the 3do into the ground with a very strong software launch. This is how I remember the 3do dying anyway...there might be a few things I forgot to mention etc... but the 3do did have a lot of potential. If only the M2 would have seen the light of day  :(  R.I.P.

atomiX

• Archived User
3d0 Backups
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2005, 09:27:00 PM »

And those M2 dev kits/prototypes sell for a pretty penny... They are relatively rare.

mike96sc2

• Archived User
3d0 Backups
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2005, 09:58:00 PM »

I still have my 3DO FZ-1 System (tray loader, best one!)

It's collecting a lil dust but still works great. Good games, way ahead of it's time, I mean imagine PSX graphics during the time of the SNES or Genesis.

Pricey? Yes, but worth every penny in my opinion.

I'd probably sell mine if the price was right. :)

XBL_SUCKS

• Archived User
3d0 Backups
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2005, 10:25:00 AM »

sad.gif

racketboy

• Archived User
3d0 Backups
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2005, 02:41:00 PM »

I recommend Nero or CDRWin

jrazorman

• Archived User
3d0 Backups
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2006, 05:17:00 PM »

I Have EVERY 3DO GAME (Well Almost  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) ) But yes the 3DO was worth the money and it is a shame to see such a GOOD system go the way or the dust (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)....    I have all 3 systems with some ware around 90 too 100 game includeing   jap imports  I even have    you ready for this!!!!!       THE HADR TO FIND 3DO LIGHT GUN!!!!! of course it is broken I bought it that way and was trying to fix it but  I guess once it is gone you can never fix it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif).  But all in all I would sell my xbox, ps2, gamecube dreamcast, and all my other systems before I give it up thats how long and how much they mean to me!   So my advice to al who still have them (working or not) is to hold on to them you can get alot of systems out there again But coming across a working and in good order 3DO   now thats a find!       And to me the best game on 3DO      "TWISTED"

uncle pez is the man    (IMG:style_emoticons/default/jester.gif)         Later DuDes!!

w2kj

• Archived User
3d0 Backups
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2006, 12:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(atomiX @ Oct 3 2005, 09:58 PM) View Post
And those M2 dev kits/prototypes sell for a pretty penny... They are relatively rare.

I saw one on ebay today; here is the link...
http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

killab138

• Archived User
3d0 Backups
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2006, 05:22:00 PM »

way of the warrior is the best one simply because of the white zombie
soundtrack!!!!!!!!!!
i am 25 years old and my parents bought me mine brand new!
still have it and still play it.