xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: A Good Ps2 Forum?  (Read 95 times)

PSXCopyCat

• Archived User
A Good Ps2 Forum?
« on: June 10, 2003, 06:17:00 AM »

Reason I'm lookinmg for one is I have 2 Ps2's one a V5 the other a V7, they play cd based games great but no DVD's.  I sat with a meter and tweaked all day,  95% of the time I can fix this problem.  So I'm thinking possible a componite on the mobo is bad.  Anyone have an aswer?

noomski

• Archived User
A Good Ps2 Forum?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2003, 05:03:00 PM »

check what chip you have, most cheap or early chips will only play cd based games. if you bought it online then it could be that the chip installed was not as advertised. look at the chip check to see if there is a name on it or compare pictures on the net, then check it's abilities. if you search the net and find a chip thats similar but not identical try searching for an earlier version.

Xeero

• Archived User
A Good Ps2 Forum?
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2003, 09:34:00 PM »

QUOTE (PSXCopyCat @ Jun 10 2003, 10:17 AM)
Reason I'm lookinmg for one is I have 2 Ps2's one a V5 the other a V7, they play cd based games great but no DVD's.  I sat with a meter and tweaked all day,  95% of the time I can fix this problem.  So I'm thinking possible a componite on the mobo is bad.  Anyone have an aswer?

Laser may be shot.

Xeero

• Archived User
A Good Ps2 Forum?
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2003, 09:24:00 PM »

QUOTE (bdsun @ Jun 16 2003, 10:29 PM)
I had this problem.  For the longest time I couldn't figure it out.  If you backed up a DVD game and then stuck a label on the top of the DVD then the PS2 will have a VERY hard time reading it.  Most of the time the game won't boot......like 95% of the time.  This problem is aparent with 30000+ models.  I had 2 PS2's both played cds but not DVDs, since I had stickers on my CDs as well, it took me FOREVER to figure out what the F*** was going on.  So, peel the stickers off and you should be good to go......That is if you have stickers on them.  If you don't, then I'm not sure what's wrong.   =)

That isn't consistent...labels affecting one type of media but not another.  Also, 30000+ models?  V1 is 30001.