xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Best Ps2 Dvd-r Media?  (Read 107 times)

5c4rf4c3

• Archived User
Best Ps2 Dvd-r Media?
« on: December 11, 2002, 10:12:00 PM »

Yes ps2 is vary picky when it comes to DVD media so far Apple is perfect never had any problems ( cept for the price $25 for 5  dry.gif  ) but someone also told me ritek dvd media was cheap like $90 for 100 stack..

5c4rf4c3

• Archived User
Best Ps2 Dvd-r Media?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2002, 01:42:00 PM »

http://www.shop4tech...iew_item&id=242

That is the link for the ritek dvd media.. thx schmo for confirming this  biggrin.gif

HDTV MAN

• Archived User
Best Ps2 Dvd-r Media?
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2002, 10:29:00 AM »

verbatim dvd-r

buy.com

Schmo

• Archived User
Best Ps2 Dvd-r Media?
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2002, 03:15:00 PM »

Ack, I just ordered another batch of Riteks from shop4tech and they sent me the LEDA brand (Princos if you examine the disc using ADVDInfo).

Anyway, I called to complain and they asked "Won't these work for you?" and I said, "I don't know".   So they told me to try 5 of them and if they don't work, they will exchange them.... if they do work, they will refund the difference.

Well... I burned GTA:VC on the Princo and played for over an hour with no problems on the PS2.
Burnt Burnout and Splinter Cell on a Princo and played fine on my XBOX
Also burnt some video on the Princos and they worked great in my Pioneer F-727 DVD Changer.

Looks like I will be keeping the Princos and save the 10 bucks on 50.   $39 bucks shipped for them.

Mshake

• Archived User
Best Ps2 Dvd-r Media?
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2002, 08:38:00 AM »

smile.gif

But then again, i have been using backups for quite a while my games are still wrapped in plastic hehe. So far so good .....touch wood.

Regarding modchips that are pretty reliable 100% even for dvd-9s...i guess the messiah1 and messiah2 pro would be best. With the launch of messiah2 pro in the world ...and it supports even the jap 010 bios ps2, including all us models.....imho, get that chip if you guys can. One look at the chip, you could tell the difference in quality of the pcb, manufacturing etc.

Cheers

Schmo

• Archived User
Best Ps2 Dvd-r Media?
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2002, 02:03:00 PM »

QUOTE (Mshake @ Dec 19 2002, 03:38 PM)
Regarding modchips that are pretty reliable 100% even for dvd-9s...i guess the messiah1 and messiah2 pro would be best. With the launch of messiah2 pro in the world ...and it supports even the jap 010 bios ps2, including all us models.....imho, get that chip if you guys can. One look at the chip, you could tell the difference in quality of the pcb, manufacturing etc.

Agreed!   My Messiah 2 works great.   Seems to boot all games PS1 and PS2 and has no problems with DVD Movies.

You do have to hold in the power button for a few secs to get it in PS1/DVD playback mode but that is trivial.

pCeSlAyEr

• Archived User
Best Ps2 Dvd-r Media?
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2002, 05:24:00 AM »

whats the best media for backups on ps2?

and do I have to do the gay patch bullshit if I have a magic 2 or 3(not talkin EA patch)?? just wondering...

ive done ps1 for years and just wondering if its the same... don't wanna waste dvd's..

The Legendary Rob

• Archived User
Best Ps2 Dvd-r Media?
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

apple media or verbatim.. both dvd-r

Mshake

• Archived User
Best Ps2 Dvd-r Media?
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2002, 06:13:00 PM »

i have used apple, vertabim, princo dvd-r, mitsui dvd-r and
pioneer dvd-r all without problems...

if price is not an issue, use only apple or vertabim though......as i believe they are the most expensive of the lot above?

*best is to burn at 1x*.. even though ur burner or media supports higher speed... then u get the most reliable results... and don't multitask coz u never know what u gonna get from windows ...LOL*... a blue screen of death in the middle of the burning process will screw up ur dvd-r

pop.gif

The Legendary Rob

• Archived User
Best Ps2 Dvd-r Media?
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2002, 10:58:00 PM »

i wasn't aware dvd-rw worked on ps2.  i haven't had any luck with princo's

Time

• Archived User
Best Ps2 Dvd-r Media?
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2002, 08:48:00 AM »

Have been using DVDPro disks white top blue bottom and haven't had any problem.  Got 100 for $84 shipped check out mertline.com

pop.gif

pCeSlAyEr

• Archived User
Best Ps2 Dvd-r Media?
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2002, 11:26:00 PM »

thanx... I wish I didn't have to pay $3 a disc for this shit tho.. ima buy a few of these NEO premium DVD-R's just to see how long it takes till my ps2 laser dies from straining too hard..

BTW... I figured out my patch question on my own... the answer is no..