xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Gamecube Isos! Is This Real?  (Read 305 times)

Gackt

• Archived User
Gamecube Isos! Is This Real?
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2002, 10:24:00 PM »

You can actually mod the Matsushita Q to play backups, in other words, it isn't impossible.

Cornholio

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2002, 05:04:00 AM »

wink.gif )

Now they are saying the same about the Gamecube. Again, rubbish. Just power up your GC with a game in, and while it's loading, power off, then pop the lid. You can clearly see it is spinning clockwise - i.e. the same way as every other CD drive.

NOW:

The reason you couldn't read DC GD-ROMs properly was because the data and tracks were packed closer together, making it very difficult (impossible, for the last part of the disc) for a normal drive to focus on the right part of the disc.

However, the PS2, Xbox, and the GameCube all use standard DVD media. PS2 is easy. Xbox, I believe, *could* be read by a standard drive with some clever code. The data is in some unrecognised format, but the drive can access it. Nobody cares to try anymore since it's easy with EvoX.

GameCube discs are small, but they are still standard DVD. I don't know how you'd get the data from a GC since there is no obvious and easy port like with the Xbox's NIC, but I'd bet someone could get a PC drive to read these discs.

So... Are the ISOs real? I bet they are. The original message in this post, however, probably not.

Finally:

can gc read normal sized discs? or just those small ones?  wink.gif

The only reason it can't read normal sized discs is that they don't fit. I bet you could just remove the drive laser assembly, (since it also contains the motor etc wink.gif ) and just mount it on top of the GC, so you can shove whatever sized disc you like on there. All you'd need is a switch so you can make it think the door is open or closed.

jrufano

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2002, 09:51:00 AM »

I don't know if anyone is still reading this topic. I was able to back up Starfox the other day. I just got a gamecube, so it is not modded. I ordered 5 mini dvd-r's. If anyone wants to try one let me know. Send me a disk, they're about $10 buck in the u.s. I have a friend, that has a modded gc, he'll try it as soon as I can burn it. The image is 1.37GB, mini dvd-r is 1.5GB.

Zziggy00

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2002, 01:28:00 PM »

QUOTE (jrufano @ Nov 6 2002, 04:51 PM)
I don't know if anyone is still reading this topic. I was able to back up Starfox the other day. I just got a gamecube, so it is not modded. I ordered 5 mini dvd-r's. If anyone wants to try one let me know. Send me a disk, they're about $10 buck in the u.s. I have a friend, that has a modded gc, he'll try it as soon as I can burn it. The image is 1.37GB, mini dvd-r is 1.5GB.

I have heard this rumored that others have been able to back up Louigi's mansion as well...

Zip the file and see if it compresses a huge deal, if so it's just wasted space and filled with dummy data.

If the file once compressed is still rather large, you might be onto something.

Azadar

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2002, 08:38:00 AM »

If you were able to back it up how what program what settings?
Also where did you get the DVD-R Minis?

Also have you been able to play the backups? I have heard this also but NO-ONE has proven it and that sounds to easy.

What DVD-R burnner can fit the mini's?

Azadar

tupac

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2002, 07:57:00 PM »

can't u overburn like with cds?  or is that not the case with dvds?

razorrifh

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2002, 03:47:00 PM »

QUOTE (jrufano @ Nov 13 2002, 02:29 PM)
I don't think I'm going to be able to do anything with it. Every GC game I checked out comes up stating that it is 1,392.34 Mb (712880), roughly 1.37GB. I just received the mini dvd-r's last night.

cant you just use a normal dvd and take the case off the gamecube? i think it would be worth it if it actually plays, but i havent been reading up on this subject or anything.

Alec

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2002, 06:37:00 PM »

It's a dummy image. You can't do it that way.

ftothe3

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2002, 05:09:00 PM »

you won't be able to read the gc discs with your computer dvd drive.. the solution is using the gc itselft (when broadband adapter comes out) to rip the games (like evox does for xbox)

Alec

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2002, 05:23:00 PM »

wink.gif

pCeSlAyEr

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2002, 11:34:00 PM »

look... you cannot extract a GC iso using a standard copy utility like CloneCD or whatever... all it will do is make a image compiled of nothing more then junk byte's... thats y every game u do is going to be the same size... there was a huge discusion on how to do this a while back on LikSang... if anyone remembers the postings they'll prob remember me... I was all into GC copying... and basicly you cannot read the disc in a pc due to some bullshit on the disc... maybe if u wrote a program to utilize the LAN port or whatever, you could do like Xbox and DC... but there isn't one as of now...

until some one comes forward with the process and proof of working iso's... don't beleave a word of it... if anyone remembers TeamBM, what a great prank...

basicly this topic is pointless... 4 now atlest...

oh and if your wondering if the GC can read a normal size disc, the answer is yes... just pop off the top of the casing and press down the lid closed button... there was talk of a modified case to allow regular sized DVD's...
Pages: 1 2 [3]