xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Diff Between Using Acekard On Ds And Dsi?  (Read 786 times)

blong579

• Archived User
Diff Between Using Acekard On Ds And Dsi?
« on: December 16, 2009, 06:58:00 PM »

since there hasnt been a post in this section for the last few months i thought i may copy and paste my question here biggrin.gif

i have a ds with a acekard2 and am getting my daughter a dsi for Christmas. i already have a spare acekard2i. i have read some stuff on diffrent loaders and stuff for the dsi for the acekard to work so im guessing its diffrent than from the ds lite. can somebody please bring me up to speed on whats diffrent between using the 2 cards. do i just need to put the latest firmware on the acekard for the dsi and not worry about it anymore like i did with the ds lite? whats the loaders for. is there a way to avoid updating the dsi firmware? i downloaded the newest firmware from acekard. is that all i need. thanks for help or links.

blong579

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 01:18:00 PM »

my dsi is ver 1.4u    i have tried both firmwares and updated the loaders in the akiao firmware. the card will show up but when i boot it i get a black screen with a error message. ive tried it im my de lite and have no problem. my car is a acekard2 that says dsi compatle. im at a loss for what the problem is. thanks for any help

XBOX360NYMODING

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 08:03:00 PM »

blong579 u need to update the AK2 to be used in the dsi
if the dsi has new firmware then you need to flash the AK2 card with a DS

when i got my dsi i had the newest firmware my AK2 card that i got would not work till i grabbed my brothers DS and flashed it with the file for the DSI and the new firmware

so that is what u need to do flash to the newest version of AK2 for DSI new firmware

hope that helps