xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Where To Download Nintendo Ds Gamesaves  (Read 278 times)

pirichios

• Archived User
Where To Download Nintendo Ds Gamesaves
« on: May 09, 2007, 12:31:00 AM »

hi guys i was wondering if you guys knew of any sites that offer nintendo ds gamesaves ONLY. please if you know, plz refrain yourselves from posting links to sites that include roms because that is a big no-no
still if you guys know of any sites that offer ONLY nintendo ds gamesaves it would be cool.

and as the topic header said, before i started  this topic i did request permision from xombe to see if it would be okay, he told me that if the site was clean and only hosted gamesaves it would be fine.

so everybody please do not ruin it by posting links to questionable files  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

xombe also told me that he knows of no site that offers this kind of service, so if noone knows of any i might get something started where people can upload their own gamesaves, which i think would be kind of cool as long as you guys do not upload any kind of questionable files either.

if you guys do not know of any sites, what do you guys think about the idea?
if you guys know of any clean, legal sites,  post them here of course

This post has been edited by pirichios: May 9 2007, 07:31 AM

netdevil69

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 05:34:00 AM »

Ive been on the odd forum where Saves have been shared between members on a reqest basis. But those sites also have games or other questionable content on offer.
If theres a specific game (save) your after, maybe theres some one on here who can help you find it, but if your after a service with multiple saves, ive never come across one.

I dunno about a site for DS saves, i probably wouldnt use it as i like the challange of beating the game. Although im sure some people would appreciate it being there.
You'd have to remember that not all DS cards save in the same format, so you'd have to pick a specific format to share then get everyone to convert to that standard.

I have a saves site open in front of me that looks pretty clean, i will check through it a bit more before posting.

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 07:19:00 AM »

I have only seen saves shared upon request, too.

If there were such a site, it would probably be uncompressed saves, and you would need to manually convert it to your format. I have only seen 1 save converter program, and I don't even remember from what type to what type it went.

pirichios

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 02:11:00 PM »

well i guess i might open a site during the weekend, and get something small started. maybe i could upload some of my gamesaves, and i might try to figure out a system where people can upload their own or something. im going to talk to my friends as well cuz i think they might have a couple of gamesaves too.
i think i might either just stick to the .sav format, which is the one my device uses.Also as an alternative i might open different sections where people can upload saves for their respective cartridge they use or something

netdevil69

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 02:58:00 PM »

A forum with some saves, seems only to have SAVE files.
http://www.scdev.org...wforum.php?f=10

Online save converter
http://www.shunyweb.info/about.php

Using their script on your site so poeple can upload and download in a format that suites them would be good. Would keep everything neat and mean all saves would work with all cartridges. biggrin.gif

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 07:55:00 PM »

I have no idea how useful this would be to you
http://forums.ds-xtr...read.php?t=3631

But, I have a DS-X so I found this at their official forums.

pirichios

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 11:51:00 PM »

thanks for the find throwinks
as we discussed on the pm's im going to see if i can get a thread started on nintendo scene too
i might start building the site during the weekend. as soon as this hectic college week is over smile.gif

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2007, 06:20:00 PM »

what about good old gamefaqs?

pirichios

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2007, 08:27:00 PM »

i dunno how many saves they have but it might be worth taking a look, my friend told me just today that they offer some gamesaves too, though i need to check personally, which im about to go do right now
thanks for the heads up

This post has been edited by pirichios: May 11 2007, 03:28 AM