xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Which Nintendo Ds Screen Protectors To Buy  (Read 265 times)

pirichios

• Archived User
Which Nintendo Ds Screen Protectors To Buy
« on: May 02, 2007, 02:46:00 PM »

plz help a desperate soul  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
i keep buying crap screen protectors. i once bought this no brand screen protector which fitted perfectly, and i should have left it there, but i saw the official nintendo ds screen protectors, bought them and realized that they are crap. i bought pelican, crap, gamespot only sells ds lite screen protectors, and for some reason those dont fit on a regular ds  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) if you guys know which ones are good screen protectors to buy please give me suggestions as they would be highly appreciated. i wasted over 30 bucks on friggin screen protectors and they suck they never attach properly or, no matter how hard u try they leave air bubles etc. the one i bought first left no air bubles whatsoever. if you guys know which ones are half decent and that are compatible with the regular ds (not lite) please let me know

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 07:29:00 AM »

Official Hori screen protectors. There are a lot of fakes. So, be sure you get the real ones.

Also, make sure when you apply any protector, not to remove the backing. Do just an edge and pull the paper across, letting the force apply the protector to the screen. You are sure to get air bubbles if you just remove the paper and try to apply with your hands.

Most tiny air bubbles cannot be seen when the screen is lit, if they are small enough.

This post has been edited by throwingks: May 3 2007, 02:31 PM

pirichios

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 10:04:00 AM »

thanks a lot im gonna go google hori screen protectors right now since my local video game shops dont seem to carry any (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
as for the air bubles i dont mind if they are tiny but these were leaving big air bubles and creating this nasty rainbow effect on my screen
thanks throwingks

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 12:09:00 PM »

hori all the way... go on easy and work perfect.

pirichios

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 06:31:00 PM »

yay i got some hori screen protectors and a ds lite to go with it as well, you guys  are right the screen protectors made by hori are awesome

Lythie

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2007, 07:12:00 PM »

Here's my story on my experience with a BD&A Officially Licensed Nintendo Screen Protector

I have just received my Nintendo DS Lite yesterday in the mail from Amazon and today I went to Toy's R Us to purchase Tetris and an Officially Licensed Nintendo (with the Nintendo Seal) Screen Protectors made by BD&A. I wanted to purchase Hori's because they make very high quality items, however I don't have time to order it and wait for it to arrive since I'm leaving the country tomorrow.

I went home and opened up the package. The Screen Protectors come with No Instructions. The screen protectors are both the same size, so it's not fitted for the upper screen, just the lower screen. The screen protectors have obvious obtrusive glue on the 4 corners. When you apply the screen protectors it leaves glue marks on the 4 corners of your DS Lite, it doesn't attach flush (non-static and non-sticky except for really ugly glue on the 4 corners) to the screen allowing dust and dirt to enter between the protector and the screen itself.

In short, today I have purchased Officially Licensed Nintendo Crap. I cannot believe Nintendo would put their license on such a low class product. The quality and service (instructions) of this product is equivalent to something that should be purchased for $1 at the flea market, instead of $10 at Toys R' Us.

After running some search on forums and Google, it seems like many other people have had a bad experience with these Officially Licensed Nintendo DS Lite Screen Protectors.

Hope no one else makes this same mistake. Those crap BD&A Nintendo Screen Protectors are in the garbage.

reissy

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 09:22:00 AM »

The ones at best buy work. thats where i got mine.

FoxRacR17

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2007, 04:45:00 PM »

I stumbled across hori screen protectors for the ds lite at target of all places.  I had just placed an order online, when my mom said she was going to target, so i go with her and i see that target sell them for 10 bucks!
http://www.target.co...l...;rh=&page=1
thats the one.  I havent tried it yet since its part of my christmas present but i'm sure it will work just fine since its still a hori

cribby08

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 12:31:00 AM »

Has anyone noticed that Hori screen protectors don't cover the whole touch screen.  I know they are the best but I just wish they would cover more of the screen.

tonybologna

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 10:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(cribby08 @ Aug 26 2008, 03:15 AM) View Post

Has anyone noticed that Hori screen protectors don't cover the whole touch screen.  I know they are the best but I just wish they would cover more of the screen.

I heard the same but I'm still gonna order these Hori protectors. Thanks!  smile.gif

briguymaine

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2009, 09:47:00 PM »

I've used Invisible Shield for years on all of my gadgets, these things are bullet proof.
http://www.zagg.com/...gaming/nintendo