xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ds Flash Card?  (Read 320 times)

Krazzt

• Archived User
Ds Flash Card?
« on: January 27, 2007, 10:53:00 PM »

I had a GBA flash card that I could back up games on, edit backgrounds/operating system, and run emulators on.

Did any similar device make it's way to the DS?

Krazzt

• Archived User
Ds Flash Card?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 05:29:00 AM »

yeah I'm trying to do some research.  It seemed to me that the "M3 DS Simply" was the way to go.

Now I'm not sure...

unsure.gif

http://forums.afterd...view.cfm/435154

throwingks

• Archived User
Ds Flash Card?
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 06:04:00 AM »

The M3 Simply is a good cart. I would recommend the R4 over it, simply because M3s are made at the R4 plant. An M3 is an R4 with a different sticker.

The 1st batch sent out, you could solder a wire and turn a R4 into an M3 and vice versa. Since Batch 2 you cannot do that anymore.

No slot-1 cart can play GBA games. Not even through emulation. Slot-1 is just easier to get working. It works right away.

Slot-2 can play NDS and GBA backups. You just need a passthru of some sort to play NDS games. A little more complicated than slot-1 but not hard at all.

Dano2k0

• Archived User
Ds Flash Card?
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 07:18:00 AM »

QUOTE(throwingks @ Jan 30 2007, 01:11 PM) View Post

The M3 Simply is a good cart. I would recommend the R4 over it, simply because M3s are made at the R4 plant. An M3 is an R4 with a different sticker.

Slot-2 can play NDS and GBA backups. You just need a passthru of some sort to play NDS games. A little more complicated than slot-1 but not hard at all.

Agreed on the first bit, but ive become to favour the M3 now after ive done abit of DS hacking myself, overall for the money they cost, its a great device, i can't think off hand anything i have to complain about right now, they have great support for everything.

I'd go for an M3 lite any day of the week. You can simple re-flash your DS firmware and use the M3 lite, which gets rid of the annoying warning menu every time you boot it up.

The M3 lite has great compatability with everything also.

EDIT: I'm an idiot, i thought we were talking about the M3 lite, the i re-read it and it said M3 Simply.