xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ds Mod Chip  (Read 656 times)

throwingks

• Archived User
Ds Mod Chip
« on: January 19, 2007, 12:20:00 PM »

The M3 Simply is a good device.

It is a Slot-1 device that doesn't need a flashed BIOS or passthru device or anything. Just put it in and go.

The M3 Simply uses MicroSD chips, so unless you get decent speed memory, you can have some slowdowns. If you get a reliable fast chip it shouldn't be a problem.

I have a DS-X and I like it because it has a little better multiplayer compatibility. So if you get a separate DS, your mate can link the games on her DS-X over to you with WiFi. M3s compatibility for that isn't as good. The DS-X also uses internal memory, so you don't have to worry about which memory card to buy. It is only 512Mb of space but that is enough for about 12 games.

You cannot go wrong with either. Neither the M3 Simply or the DS-X can play backup GBA games.

If you are looking to save some money, the R4 is the same manufacturer as the M3 Simply.

throwingks

• Archived User
Ds Mod Chip
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 02:35:00 PM »

^ Yes, all 3 (M3, R4, and DS-X) do.

The unique user ID is made from the unique serial of the game cartridge and the unique serial of the DS. So every user on WiFi will always have a unique ID. Even if you have 2 carts of the same game for 1 NDS or 2 NDS' and 1 cart. All will be different, unique IDs.

CattyKid

• Archived User
Ds Mod Chip
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 10:59:00 AM »

throwingks, I was under the impression that only a slot 2 device was able to play GBA games with the use of a passme or flashed ROM (and that you could only play GB games with slot 2 as well).  That's not correct?
Any idea why the M3 isn't too good with Game Sharing?  And is it just game sharing, or also playing online?

What have you heard about the Supercard One (multiplayer {sharing and online}, compatability with GB, GBA, and DS, read times etc.)?

throwingks

• Archived User
Ds Mod Chip
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 05:43:00 PM »

I am not sure about GB games. The DS slot is capable of emulating NES games so I assume GB (normal or color) could be emulated as well.

You are correct about GBA though, Every GBA game has to be played through the Slot-2 (GBA Slot). Slot-1 (DS Slot) is not fast enough to send data to the DS so every GBA game that tried to run from Slot-1 (DS Slot) would ask for information faster than it can get it, and crash.

For Multiplayer (sharing) the best compatibility is the DS-Xtreme. The DS-X allows you to link with a flashed or non-flashed DS to a flashed or non-flashed DS. Most other Slot-1 carts require at least 1 if not both devices to be flashed, for many of the games.

For Multiplayer (WiFi) as I understand it, all will work fine regardless if flashed or not. I am not 100% sure on that though.

I had not done any reading on the SuperCard One yet, so I am glad you asked about it. It seems like a decent device. However, you need to link to a flashed DS, in order to get Multiplayer (Link) working. That isn't necessarily a huge problem cause you could use the SuperCard One as a flash device, you just need to flash every DS you ever want to let hook up to you. You also need to make sure you get as fast of Memory you can and preferably from Japan. I would personally go with the M3 Simply or R4 over the SuperCard One, though.

zordon

• Archived User
Ds Mod Chip
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 02:04:00 PM »

throwingks

Ok finally she has decided she will but a card, i can't find a UK supplier for the DS-X  512Mb

I assume this is the same thing but the 4GB version?

DS-XTREME 4Gb

Its a little pricy, but easier than messing with additional memory cards. Unless someone knows anoter supplier with the 512mb version.

Thanks.

throwingks

• Archived User
Ds Mod Chip
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 03:15:00 PM »

4Gb = 512MB (4Gb really equals 4.096Gb)
b = bits
B = bytes
8b = 1B
4096 / 8 = 512
~12 Games
Nintendo uses these numbers so Team DS-X is not trying to deceive anybody, they are using the same numbers as Nintendo.

If you try you might be able to find one used on http://forums.ds-x.com/ for ~$110

BirdofPrey

• Archived User
Ds Mod Chip
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2007, 12:36:00 AM »

QUOTE(throwingks @ Jan 26 2007, 02:22 PM) View Post

4Gb = 512MB (4Gb really equals 4.096Gb)
b = bits
B = bytes
8b = 1B
4096 / 8 = 512
~12 Games

nice catch, i would have missed that too

xcroto

• Archived User
Ds Mod Chip
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 08:52:00 PM »

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?dynamic=39

Hope this help you!!!   biggrin.gif

I just bought an R4DS, its a wonderfull piece of hardware...