xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Looking To Get A Ds Device  (Read 556 times)

throwingks

• Archived User
Looking To Get A Ds Device
« on: January 14, 2007, 12:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(Tob3z @ Jan 14 2007, 02:19 PM) View Post
What benefit does flashing allow?
Flashing allows you to boot from a Slot 2 device, without a slot 1 passthru device. If you have the M3 Simply/R4, or DS-X you have a passthru device.
A flashed NDS can also recover if you get the trojan that bricks your NDS. Don't worry about it too much if you don't flash though. The trojan is very hard to find even if you are looking for it. Keep in mind flashing your NDS does void your warranty.
Or would the M3 Simply do the job fine?
I do believe the M3 simply does have a passthru so you would not have to flash your NDS if you don't want to.
Also can I play my backup roms online?
You can play backups online, your unique friend code is made based on the code from the game AND the code from your NDS, so every friend code will be unique.
Oh and last question. Is there anyway to get rid of the safety screen on boot? lol
You can reflash your NDS with a BIOS that gets rid of the safety screen.

deakphreak

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 12:52:00 PM »

If you get the M3 then it will allow you to play GBA roms and NDS roms. You just use a CF or SD card to stick in the M3 with your roms on it and it will allow you to boot them from the M3 interface.  It should come with a passkey device that allows you to boot from the m3 adapter in the GBA slot on your ds. You can then load up flashme and flash your ds so you will not need the passkey device anymore and that will also remove that annoying boot up screen wink.gif  Flashing it is good because then you dont need the passkey in the top anymore and will remove that boot up screen.  Yes you can still play games online like mario kart.

edit - dang someone beat me.

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 12:55:00 PM »

deakphreak is right. But, just for clarification. The 'M3' is a Slot 2 device. The 'M3 Simply' is a Slot 1 device.

'R4' and 'M3 Simply' are essentially the same device. You can actually modify either to become the other. They are made by the same company.

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 02:43:00 PM »

Since you want expandable memory, the 'M3 Simply' would be fine. The 'R4' is cheaper and essentially the same thing.

If you also want GBA as well as the DS games, then the 'M3 Lite MicroSD' with a 'PassCard' is probably better.

Tob3z

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 10:59:00 AM »

Been looking around for cheap prices on the M3 Simply and found it for about £24. However I'm a little worried as the security certificate is addressed to another website.
www.gameyeeeah.com

So I take my chances and order from there or I order from the trusted www.mrmodchips.co.uk

1337 pig

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 02:14:00 PM »

I got the m3 simply and it works awesomely. You can also use it to flash your DS, so no need to buy a passme/flashme card if you already have the m3 simply.

Tob3z

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 05:53:00 AM »

Well I bought the M3 Simply from Modchip-Store.Co.Uk as I was doing some reasing and noticed a lot of bad talk about the other place.

Also bought a Sandisk 1GB Micro SD card. So now I wait...