xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Celtics Versus Lakers  (Read 1536 times)

hardcandy

• Archived User
Celtics Versus Lakers
« on: May 31, 2008, 04:40:00 AM »

Celtics fan here. This playoff will probably go to game 7. Lakers look impressive. but the Celtics are turning hot again. The Celtics overturned the road game curse they had so now anything  could happen.

gcskate27

• Archived User
Celtics Versus Lakers
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 06:44:00 PM »

fuck the lakers and kobe... i knew id be a temp pistons/celtics fan after game 4 of the spurs series...  rolleyes.gif

Reaper527

• Archived User
Celtics Versus Lakers
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 12:40:00 PM »

can't wait until game 1 on thursday. the celts havn't been in the finals since i was 1, and they haven't won it in my lifetime. in addition, their motto is ubuntu, how can you not like them.

hardcandy

• Archived User
Celtics Versus Lakers
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 02:39:00 PM »

This will be the first time in many years I am looking forward to a NBA Championship series. Most years, I had no real emotional connection but now there is one.

LOS ANGELES VS. BOSTON

No two teams have squared off on as many occasions in the NBA Finals as the Lakers and Celtics. They have faced each other 10 times, the first coming back in 1958-59 when Boston knocked off the Minneapolis Lakers in four straight. The Celtics won the next six series - all taking place in the 1960s. The final three matchups occurred in the '80s, with Los Angeles pulling out a pair of championships during the Magic Johnson-Larry Bird era. Incidentally, the last battle between these two teams, won by the Lakers in 1987, produced the highest TV ratings ever for an NBA Finals not including Michael Jordan.

Most experts feel Los Angeles has the edge, especially with the 2-3-2 format, in the championship round. The Lakers were the only team in the West to win four road games this postseason, and since they failed to lose a contest at home, all they would have to do to win this series in five is to split the first pair in Boston.

After being favored to take the title for much of the year, Boston now finds itself as the underdog heading into the championship round. The Celtics, who were the even money favorites to win the whole enchilada at the All-Star break, had jumped up to 3-2 at the end of the regular season. Their odds have risen once again to 8-5 against Los Angeles.

Sports Network

hardcandy

• Archived User
Celtics Versus Lakers
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 04:03:00 AM »

Good game last noght. Celtics 98, Lakers 88. Celtics are 11-1 at home during the post season.

Reaper527

• Archived User
Celtics Versus Lakers
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 10:14:00 AM »

yeah, that was a great back and forth game last night. paul pierce scared the shit out of me though when he was in that wheel chair.

hardcandy

• Archived User
Celtics Versus Lakers
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 08:33:00 AM »

Celtics scared me when they let the Lakers back in the game last night. 24 point lead shrinks to a final 6 point win. Their bench-Powe- came through last night.

Reaper527

• Archived User
Celtics Versus Lakers
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 08:57:00 AM »

before the game, i was saying they had to win last night, and they have to win 1 of their 3 in la if they want to win it all. i'm still thinking that.

i'm also wondering why the league felt it was a good idea to

1. make it all 9pm games so half the east coast is in bed when they are playing, instead of determining the time based on home court advantage.
2. why they thought sunday games, when everyone has work and/or school in the morning is better than saturday games
3. why they thought it would be a good idea to give the teams an extra day off when they AREN'T traveling, instead of having the extra day off between games 2 and 3, and games 5 and 6. - game 1 (bos), 2 days off, game 2 (bos), 1 day off game 3 (la), 1 day off, game 4 (la) 2 days off, game 5 (la), 1 day off, game 6 (bos), 1 day off, game 7 (bos), 5 months off.

regardless, games 1 and 2 were awesome

hardcandy

• Archived User
Celtics Versus Lakers
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 12:56:00 PM »

They said the 9 PM start gives then the best ratings of all the starting times they have tried. The NBA commissioner said he realizes it cuts out the kids but it brings in the money.

Reaper527

• Archived User
Celtics Versus Lakers
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 02:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(hardcandy @ Jun 9 2008, 03:32 PM) View Post

They said the 9 PM start gives then the best ratings of all the starting times they have tried. The NBA commissioner said he realizes it cuts out the kids but it brings in the money.

what about the sunday game versus a saturday game?

hardcandy

• Archived User
Celtics Versus Lakers
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2008, 02:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(Reaper527 @ Jun 10 2008, 04:41 PM) View Post

what about the sunday game versus a saturday game?

Don't know.

I have a feeling tonight's game will be the best, Kobe will score 40 and the Celtics will have 3 guys in the 20's. OT anyone?

Reaper527

• Archived User
Celtics Versus Lakers
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2008, 01:49:00 PM »

that was disappointing. kg and pierce were completely flat. hopefully it was just jet lag and they pick things up on thursday.

perhaps they would have played better if they had the extra day off on a travel day tongue.gif

seriously though, its definitely encouraging that it was such a close game when 2 of the big 3 had terrible games

Infamous Ob

• Archived User
Celtics Versus Lakers
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2008, 05:29:00 PM »

Parental Advisor. Warning, harmful content:

If you dont like the Lakers, go take a S-Type and stick it up your A**! Lakers gone take it, so if you a Celtics fan, go grab a S-Type!!!! Lakers fa life!

Reaper527

• Archived User
Celtics Versus Lakers
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2008, 10:09:00 PM »

i'm glad you found the angry icon, because you'll be using it alot once the series is over wink.gif

hardcandy

• Archived User
Celtics Versus Lakers
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2008, 09:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(Infamous Ob @ Jun 11 2008, 08:05 PM) View Post

Parental Advisor. Warning, harmful content:

If you dont like the Lakers, go take a S-Type and stick it up your A**! Lakers gone take it, so if you a Celtics fan, go grab a S-Type!!!! Lakers fa life!

That was certainly a major contribution to the discussion. Feeling a little insecure, are we? Still 2-1 Celtics.
Pages: [1] 2